Chapter 2

Well I know of her, just not the way you do. I mused in my thoughts as I turned my head to see two students standing right below me. They were both in black school uniforms with a vest over a white collared shirt. Striped ties were the only other color. They had black gloves on while one wore sneakers and the other wore dress shoes. 

     The one closest to me was a fair-skinned boy of average height. He has fluffy, ginger hair that flips up at the ends with some average-length bangs. It fell around his face and between his eyes. His eyes are bright scarlet in color which was absolutely breathtaking. Over his left eye is a red marking shaped like a heart, making me wonder why. He wore an energetic smile.

      The boy behind him was fair-skinned and of average height as well

      The boy behind him was fair-skinned and of average height as well. He had short, neatly-combed dark navy blue hair with short side swept bangs. His eyes are bright cyan in color, another breath taking color.  Over his right eye is a black marking shaped like a spade symbol.

  Over his right eye is a black marking shaped like a spade symbol

      "Queen of Hearts? Does she rule here?" I asked.

      "She's a queen who lived in a labyrinth of roses ages ago." The ginger haired boy said.

     So he was the one who spoke earlier. I mused to myself.

    "With a strict personality that valued discipline over anything else, she didn't tolerate any disorder when it came to the color of the roses or the card soldiers' marching. They were all mad but everyone swore their absolute obedience. Why, you ask? Because breaking the rules got you a swift beheading!" The ginger haired boy told me. "Cool, right?"

      So they were the same from the stories in our world. "Yeah. She sounds a little oppressive, though..." I turned completely to the boys. "Thanks for filling me in. Are you a student here?"

     "Yep! I'm Ace!" The ginger haired boy winked at me and made a heart with his hands. "A brand sparkling new first year! Nice to meet ya."

     Ace then looked me over, a charming smile gracing his features. I mentally arched my brow as I looked at the boy.