𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱

August 1, 2016

•••

"I hope she likes it," Millane mumbled as she kicked her feet around, causing Catherine to give her a glance. "I am veryyyy certain your mum will like it! I think we put a lot of effort into it," Catherine smiled, placing her hands on her hips. "I hope you're right Cathy."

•••

"These are harder to hide than I thought - maybe I  should have just left it at home," Millane whispered as she got into the car with Catherine who shook her head in return. "Girls, are you ready? Millane put your seat belt on please," Heidi asked as Millane gave her friend a look of uncertainty. The two girls's gift for Heidi was hiding inside Millane's blazer which meant that it could possibly break he day before her mother's birthday. The German girl hesitated for a minute before carefully putting the seat-belt on so it rests right underneath the gift. As soon as she put the seat-belt on, Heidi started the car and they all head off for school, although it was 6:45 in the morning. 

"I thought you were gonna squish the gift!" Catherine whisper-shouted, Millane nodding her head in return, releasing a small sigh from her mouth. "She made me scared cus I didn't wanna ruin the surprise," the German girl whispered, her mum not taking any notice of their whisper conversation as she was too focused on the road. Music was playing quite loudly through the car's speaker, making it sound like a humming noise ,"I'd probably still adore you with your hands around my neck.."

•••

It was break time and the two girls ran down from the upstairs playground and knocked on the Year 5 classroom's door. The door opened to the tall figure of their favourite teacher - Mr Jones. Mr Jones was a really kind teacher who loved all the children equally. He was a bit strict, but only if necessary. "Hello girls! Do you need anything?" he asked , smiling at the two young girls. "Erm, can I ask you to help us with something, Sir?"   the blonde haired girl asked, smiling slightly while looking at Catherine with an uncertain look. Mr Jones gave the two girls a look of reassurance and invited them in his classroom with a welcoming gesture. 

If you didn't know the relationship the three of them had, you would have thought he was inviting them in to do , uhm , "you know what".  

"So, what can I help you girls with?" he asked them sitting down at one of the children's desks. "Uhm you know my mum , yeah, her birthday is tomorrow, yeah," the blonde girl started, looking at her friend, Catherine, who nodded at her to continue, "Can you hide the gift we made for her please? I'm only asking you because we know you good and we need some of your help on the gift we made!" her not-so good Year 1 vocabulary coming into play. Mr Jones smiled at the two young girls in front of him, already hinting that the answer was yes, "Of course! Anything for you lot!" Mr Jones was a married man but he was also like a father figure to the two girls, especially Millane ever since she came.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Catherine unzipped her lunch box that contained her snack for break-time and handed him the gift. The girls thanked him, hoping that they would make it back to the upstairs playground in time for lining up time. 

                                                                                            •••                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        "Hey boys, how was school?" Debbie asked as the two best friends crawled into the backseats of the car. "Really fun! Ya know in Art, we got to make whatever we want so me and Mase cut out two football shirts, coloured them blue and wrote Chelsea on the front!" Declan giggled slightly, smile stretched from ear to ear. "Anddd we wrote our names on the back with our numbers! My number was 10 because my birthday is on the ten of January and Declan's was 14 because he's on the fourteen of January ," Mason smiled, forgetting the 'th' on the end of tenth and fourteenth.

"That's very sweet. Anyways, there's no school for a few weeks as you lot would be in Year 2 after this half term but there is still football club just to let you two know!" Debbie commented as she started the car, knowing full well that her comment about football club still happening would excite Mason even more. Mason's eyes sparkled as Declan looked at his friend then at the back of Debbie's head, smiling shortly after when he saw his best friend's expression.  They journeyed back home, Debbie dropping Declan off to his house on the way.

"Mase?" Mason's mum said as they got out of the car, causing Mason to make eye contact with her. "Mhm?" he replied as he took his belongings out of the trunk, trying his best to reach the trunk lid, Debbie coming quickly and lowering it down for him to close. She smiled at him for a bit until Mason asked, "Whattt?" "I know you like Millane," Debbie stated with a smile, quickly realising she said the young girl's name wrong on accident. "It's Mi-lah-n," he corrected his mother, giving her an unknown stare ,"Like AC Milan!" Debbie smiled at he son who was running up to the door of their home and doing a small, silly dance causing her to laugh.

Debbie knew they will all go far in life - pursuing their dreams, even if they were small ones.

                                                                                         •••                                                                                          

"Night mum!" Millane shouted back as she ran to her bed in the dark, thinking the monsters will catch her one day. "Goodnight liebe!" Heidi shouted back as she poured the water into her cat mug. 

|| another chapter done and my other book is giving me writers block. what do u lot think about "that number 19"? i dont really like it but js tell me what u think abt it and if i should continue it 🤗 ||