🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻

Start from the beginning

[The Next Day, Rapunzel's Room]
Eugene tells Rapunzel and Y/n his idea. "You're gonna become a royal guard?" Rapunzel questions. "It makes total sense, right? I tried to have a normal job, but I'm just not great with authority. Being a guard, I am the authority. Plus, I'd look great in a uniform." Eugene points out.

"I see no flaws there. It sounds like the perfect job for you. Besides, being an ex-thief yourself has its benefits when catching other thieves and criminals." Y/n realises, with a shrug. "Exactly! See? The kid gets it." Eugene states, ruffling her hair playfully. Y/n smiles, before tidying her hair.

"What's all this?" Eugene curiously asks his girlfriend, gesturing to the variety of items around her room. Rapunzel lets out a sigh. "Y/n and I were having a lot of trouble picking just one interest for my portrait, and then, it hit me. I'll pose doing all of them, right? What do you think?" She asks.

"Hmm.. Bucky, Pascal?" Eugene asks. The squirrel and chameleon show disagreement, as they look through Y/n's telescope, which Rapunzel wants to use. "Maybe not your best idea, but.. but I've heard worse." Eugene points out. "Like you becoming a royal guard?" Cassandra quips, in the doorway.

"How long have you been standing there?" Eugene questions. "Long enough to know you're about to make a fool of yourself. You really think you have what it takes to be a guard?" Cassandra asks. "Hmm, let me think. Superior athletic ability, razor-sharp acumen, impressive stature, making guards all around the world, including Corona, look like bozos for decades. Yeah, I think I can swing it." Eugene boasts, confidently.

"You wanna know what I think?" Cassandra asks. "That I care what you think?" Eugene asks, then chuckles. "Let me save you the trouble. I don't."

"I bet you don't even make it through basic training." Cassandra tells Eugene, who scoffs in response. "Training? What, like school? I was great in school. Easiest three days of my life." Eugene states. 'Three days? Wow.' Y/n thinks, to herself.

"Who's the teacher anyway?" Eugene asks, curiously. "My dad." Cassandra answers, simply. This makes Eugene's nerves rise up and his confidence sink. Cassandra's father is the captain and he hates Eugene, due to his thieving past.

 Cassandra's father is the captain and he hates Eugene, due to his thieving past

Eugene's royal guard bootcamp doesn't go too well. Cassandra and Maximus gladly watch and from what they see, the captain cheats to ensure Eugene fails - they aren't thrilled about this.

[Meanwhile, In Rapunzel's Room]
Y/n helps Rapunzel tidy up her bedroom and organise all of her items for her portrait. "All right, I think this is everything. Okay, we're gonna be more than ready for The Giovanni tomorrow morning." Rapunzel reminds Y/n, then sighs deeply.

Some of the stacks of books start wobbling. Rapunzel gasps, then both sisters hold them to stop the wobbling. "Oops!" Rapunzel says. The other book stacks wobble, so she and Y/n stumble over. "Girls, is everything okay?" Arianna asks, coming in. Rapunzel takes a bowl off of her head and looks at their mother, as Y/n rubs her head. Arianna giggles. "Let me guess. Your portrait? Let me show you two something." She tells them.