★ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ★

the next morning

when we woke up the next morning, daphne made breakfast. but, soon enough, we all had to leave. chloe had work at her tattoo shop, grace had plans to go to the mall with her other friends, and i honestly just wanted to go home. it wasn't that i didn't want to be at daphne's, i just seriously lacked sleep from sleeping on the floor.

while i was on my way home, i got a call from awsten. i answered it and put it on speaker phone so i didn't get distracted trying to hold it up to my ear while driving.

"hey, babe!" i greeted my boyfriend.

"hey, jellybean!" awsten greeted me back. "how was your sleepover at daphne's?"

"it was fun! we ordered take out, did face masks, watched movies, talked shit. how was your sleepover at otto's?"

"also fun! except we had to quiet down around 8 so geoff could put rory in her pack n play so she could sleep. but, you know, we played mario kart and talked about our music."

"chloe was worried about rory but we assured her you guys could take care of her."

"why wouldn't we be able to? we're strong capable men, we don't need no momma instincts." i could hear awsten's mockery as he began to laugh and i just shook my head and laughed with him.

"yeah, you're gonna make an excellent dad some day, aws." i joked, but not really joking. i did mean it.

"you really think so?" awsten asked me, his voice serious.

"actually, yeah. i do."

"someday, we'll see. anyways, what are you up to today?"

"i was just gonna go home and chill out for today, have a lazy day. maybe even take a nap, i slept like shit last night. you should come over, we can have a lazy day together."

"okay, i'm driving home from otto's now so i'll just come to yours instead." awsten told me. i laughed, as both of us were now driving to my apartment.

"no way, i'm driving too. race you to my house?" i replied.

"you're on. meet you there."

"more like you're gonna meet me there. i'm so gonna beat you, knight."

awsten and i then hung up and i thought of the quickest route to my apartment. i then remembered a short-cut and prayed it would get me there first.

within five minutes, i was home, long before awsten. it took a solid ten minutes for him to finally meet me there. i waited, sitting on the trunk of my car, smiling in victory while i waited. awsten parked and walked up to me, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"no fair, you were probably almost home anyways." he said. i shrugged.

"i just remembered a short-cut. still, i won." i told him. he continued to shake his head as he opened the door for me so we could go inside.

"yeah but you live here, you know all the short-cuts." he insisted, not giving up.

"awsten, you come over 2-3 times a week. you should know short-cuts to my apartment. the race was fair, i don't care."

"whatever you say, dr. seuss."

we both chuckled at my rhyme in my last sentence as we went upstairs and into my apartment.

belle ran to me when i put my stuff down and she began meowing. i picked her up and gave her kisses and she immediately began purring. i loved that cat.

"man, i'm starting to think you love that cat i gave you more than me. you didn't even think about giving me kisses but you smothered her with them." awsten sighed, fake jealously. i turned to him, leaning in to give him a kiss too. belle, however, decided she wanted no part of it and jumped out of my arms when i went to kiss awsten.