A Face From the Past

Start from the beginning

"I will not let you use my common room as a love nest Mr. Holmes." She snapped. Whatever Sherlock was expecting it wasn't that, he took a small step back and started to blush furiously, but half of the blush was from pure rage.

"You will let us in!" he screamed. "I will cut you out of the painting!"

"Then you'll have no one to open it. Sorry to say but us Gryffindors take more pride than a stone wall."  It took me a moment to realize that she was talking about the Slytherin common room. Sherlock's free hand turned into a fist and for a moment I thought he was actually going to attack her, but then he turned away.

"Mr. Watson, we're leaving." He decided.

"Yep." I agreed, glaring at her one last time. He started leading me away, in a sort of angry pout thing that put things around him at risk.

"You be careful with him okay dear?" the Fat Lady called. "I don't want you to..."

"Oh shut up!" Sherlock said in a loud almost scream voice, cutting off whatever the Fat Lady was going to tell me. He lead me through the hallways, down the stairs, and back into the Slytherin Common room through the wall/door. There was a password on this one, but, being a Slytherin, I'm guessing that he knew it beforehand.

"Every time it's 'I can't let you in, I need the password.'" He did a very awful, high pitched impression of the Fat Lady. I sat in an armchair while Sherlock paced in front of the fire, looking very disturbed at not being able to figure something out.

"It's fine, not like there's anything in there you need." I pointed out.

"God I want to strangle her." Sherlock growled, not seeming to hear me.

"What did she mean by love nest?" I asked, making Sherlock pause a little bit.

"What do you think? She's trying to drive you away as well, as if I'm some playboy or something." he said with boredom.

"You're...not right?" I asked nervously. He looked at me with a slightly crooked smile but didn't answer. I think we both knew he wasn't, but it was better to make sure. After all he's told me, he's only had one crush and no girlfriend.

"We could sneak in through the windows!" He said excitedly, looking to the watery windows near the ceiling.

"No way, I am not going swimming to get into another common room." I defended.

"I know that, but there are other windows in this place." He pointed out.

"Wait, what time is it?" I asked suddenly. Sherlock groaned.

"Maybe eleven, but that's not..."

"Eleven! I need to go back Sherlock, I need to sleep!" I pointed out.

"Oh come on, just stay until midnight, I need to figure this out." he pleaded.

"You've got the rest of your life, but at the moment I don't, so please let me go home." I decided.

"Oh fine, have a nice night Mr. Watson." He decided, not bothering to glance over for more than a second before the light started to glow all around me, making me appear in my bedroom once again. The lights were off again and the door was closed, once again mom thought I was already asleep. I looked at the clock, like he had said, around eleven. I sighed, putting the pencil down but holding the book protectively against my chest. Poor Sherlock, he had really lost it hadn't he? I wanted to do something to help; I didn't want him playing Batman all alone. What if he fell off the roof or something? And what the Fat Lady had said, warning me to be careful with him, as if he's had a past of hurting people or something. He's never hurt me, as he said that was the first promise he gave me and I believed him. Maybe he did have a thing for twisted spells and revenge, but I never did anything to him and I'd expect he'd never do anything to me. I sighed, but closed my eyes eventually, wondering when I could see him again.