On the Run

--

"Good morning" The man with white hair says to you while he adjusts the IV in your arm. "Glad you're awake" he adds.

"Where am I?" You ask him looking around the room confused and scared.

"You're in a warehouse" He says looking down at you and examining your face with a small flash light.

The room has a good amount of lighting and it's pretty warm and cozy with a few scented  candles that reflect against the dark red brick walls. There's a large slanted window on the ceiling that let's you admire the rain pouring down and also fills the room with light, it almost reminds you of a high end loft and it doesn't even look like much of  a warehouse.

You look up at the handsome doctor who's now writing a few things down and looking at your vitals, at first you find him to be  extremely familiar but you can't seem to pin point where you know him from, and then it's like a light bulb goes off in your head,

"wait-- You're that doctor... the one from the hospital." You tell him rubbing your head when a sharp pain starts repeatedly thumping in your head.

"Yes" He nods. "I'm glad you remember" he chuckles.

"But how.." You ask confused, as far as you're concerned you were in prison for two years or was it all just a coma dream? You ask yourself.

"Well that's something She'll have to explain" He says pointing towards the door. You turn your head to look and see Maki standing there shyly almost as if she's nervous or scared to talk to you and truth be told you are just as nervous and mostly shocked. That's how you felt when you saw her at the prison when you came back to reality for a few minutes, if that even happened.

You almost can't believe that she's standing there, you don't even know if it's real, yet it  feel like it is. You don't know what to say to her or how to even start a conversation with her, you're still a little sleepy and extremely confused about everything, you don't want to say the wrong kind of thing considering that you have no clue if she's here to accuse you like Gojo did or if she's here to see you.

You have so many questions and so many thoughts that you don't even know where to start, you aren't even fully sure if she actually came to see you like you thought she did, or could it all have been a dream?

The only difference between seeing her  a few days ago and seeing her now is that this time it actually feels real. There's not a single doubt in your mind that she's here to see you. "How long have I been out?" you ask her nervously not really knowing what  else to say.

"Inumaki, can you leave us alone for a sec?" She asks. The doctor nods his head and puts his clipboard down. Maki moves out of the way letting him through and slowly walks over to you. "You've only been out for two days" She mentions taking a seat right next to you on the bed.

"two days? from when I woke up at the hospital?" You ask hoping that being in prison was all just a night mare.

"No, two days since we broke you out of prison" She says.

Silence takes over the room as you look down at your hands that are still pretty bruised as well as your arms but not as bad as they were which only confuses you even more. Your body shouldn't even be able to move, so how are you bruises and scars fading so fast? you start to wonder.

"So it was all real?" You ask ashamed, hoping and praying that it was all just a cruel  nightmare, but it wasn't.

"Yeah, it was" She says resting her hand on yours.

"So everything that happened, actually did happen" You say mostly to yourself, you shut your eyes tightly trying to recall any significant memories but you can't. Maki notices your confusion and all she does is nod her head at your question.