3

6 Months later-

'So, now your novel has made a movie. In three months we'll be able to watch it in the theatres. How are feeling right now?' The brunette interviewer asks.

'Proud. I'm very proud of myself. I'm sure, my teenage self would also be proud of my 24th self.' Upama smiles at him. Her smile represents how proud she is right now.

'Sure. She would be so proud.' The Brunette picks up another script.

'So, here are some questions we gathered about you, your book, and your life. I'm sure we are going to know more about you today.' He chuckles and she nods smilingly.

'Let's start then, from where did you find the inspiration for your novel?'

'Well, the idea of this novel is not totally fictional. It's a real story. Story of someone I know since my birth. She fell for a boy whom she never met. People will say this is impossible, 'you can't like someone you never met!' But I saw her, I saw her falling for the person she never met. We all say that teenage crush comes and goes. She drove down different roads, but all of her roads lead back to him. It was a miracle that the boy also felt the same. But he was taken by someone else. This novel is a completely hopeless love book. A book that will show you Love is not just a ball of beautiful ecstasies. Love can hurt like hell if our fate wants. I just wrote what I saw in them, what I felt in them.'

'Wow. Do they know you wrote them a book?' She nods knowingly.

'Next. Do you know there are a lot of people on Twitter, shipping you and your best friend, Karan?' Upama bites her inner cheeks to stop blushing and maintain a normal face.

'I do know.'

'How do you feel about them?'

'Well, er, Uhm, we are best friends. If people watch our friendship as love, we can't help here. I mean- everyone has their own visions and obviously, I don't wanna hurt anyone by telling them, they are wrong. They will find out the truth one day by their selves.' Upama tried her best to play it cool. All she wants to scream is that she loves those shippers.

'Okay, speaking of him, how was your experience working with him?'

'To be fair, it was the easiest work ever. He is very talented and he was perfect all the time playing the main role. I'm not telling you this because he is my best mate. He is truly talented and deserves more love. Also, he is one of the kindest souls I know. I think I'm blessed that I get to have him as my best mate and co-worker. Every girl deserves a male best friend like him.' A pleasant smile paints over her face when she mentions him.

After two hours of the radio interview, Upama finally finds herself free. She decides to go to her home and prepare herself for the night party. She is going to tell Karan about her feelings today in front of a lot of people. She waited for this for years. For God's sake, she lets her fears fuck themselves. She is going to do it and she doesn't care.

The wheels of her car roll over well-known streets and drive her home just like the rollercoaster of memories is driving her crazy. She remembers every memory of him.

She remembers the day they met. She remembers those nights they held each other tightly because both of them were broken and messed up. She remembers those moments they hugged. She remembers those moments they just rambled. She remembers every time they laughed.

***

'Maria! HELP ME OUT.'

'Stop chewing your bottom lip. It'll only bleed. It's not going to help you.' Maria scolds her because she is freaking out. Of course, in a good way.