"Sorry miss, sorry."

"Bright, mi think a we did guh Marymount High School but it look like a u."

"Alright miss, done now nuh."

"Anyways, Ems is having a dinner party on Saturday night and she wants us to come."

"Sign me up for the free food." Y mawga ppl always suh greedy? Angel had always been the skinny friend between the both of us and while I wasn't fat, I was far from being skinny and I had some insecurities about the way I looked.

"As expected but unnu know seh Niko nah guh happy fi si me suh mi nuh really wah guh but mi nuh wah disappoint Emma."

"Y'all fighting again?"

"When are we ever not fighting? Mi honestly nuh understand because if him hate mi suh much, y him nuh just mek mi gwaan?" I could take care of myself and even if I couldn't, I would learn because I was a fast learner.

"Maybe him nuh hate yuh."

"Mi think him just a try protect yuh."

"By keeping me prisoner in what should be my home?" I laughed sarcastically and rolled my eyes. "I can bet you any money that if I opened the front door tonight and stepped outside, he would call me the next second to ask where I was going."

"But he said there were no cameras in the house."

"And you believe that?" Dem seh tom drunk but tom nuh fool suh Niko could a fool anybody else but me. "Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there."

"I get people having cameras on their houses but why would he have to lie and say there aren't any but he can give an account of your every move?"

"Beats me, let's talk about something else."

"Girrrrrrrl, do you remember Jasmine that we used to hang with in college?" Angel and I both went to the same high school and college, JJ didn't want to go to college even though his parents had worked hard to save up for his college fund. He was a professional photographer and when I tell you he was a beast at his craft, he was a fucking beast.

"Yeah."

"Sis is married with a baby and another one on the way."

"Bredda di same Jasmine weh used to walk an fuck off di ppl dem gyal pickney pan campus?" She used to tek God offa di cross seh she neva like man but look at God, mek she put him back pan di cross an sweep weh har foot.

"Yes."

"Suh weh yuh stay an find out all a dis?" If it was one thing with Angel, she was going to find out so it puzzled me how she didn't know that JJ was in love with her or maybe she did know but the thought of acknowledging it, means that it would become a part of her reality.

"Mi buck har up a ochi an mi did surprised because she did guh weh after wi graduate."

"Well big ups to her, hope is not a likkle waste man she married to."

"She looks happy."

"Atleast one of us is getting a happy ending cause di rate weh mi a guh, mi pussy aguh old an shrivel up before Niko even consider freeing me from these shackles."

"Dawg, nobody nuh wah hear dat." He said covering his ears and we started laughing at him.

"Cork up yuh ears bredda."

"Y mi an unnu a still fren, mi need better Dan dis."

"If yuh think yuh can get rid a wi, yuh ave a next thing coming, mind mi affi set Tina pan yuh enuh."

"Sorry miss."

"Thought so." He went back to what he was doing as he often did when we were talking about girl stuff or gossiping. I often did wonder why he was still friends with us but I guess that was something that I would never know. "Anyways, it dawk out yah enuh sis. I know they say that you should learn to enjoy your company but loneliness is a hell of a thing."

"I know what you mean." But she didn't though, at least not in the way I was feeling it because she was single by choice while I had no choice. I didn't want to have to be hiding the way I felt or who I was in love with for fear of repercussions from my brother. I had been talking to a few people and it never ended well because he always found out.

"I just want to meet someone that I can be in love with who is in love with me and I don't have to hide it from the world."

"I'm sorry." When would this be over? I needed a break from under my brother's thumb but I didn't know where to turn in order to catch it.

••••••••••••

I have been wanting to post this for a while now but didn't so I posted the description and here is the first chapter....

Let me know what you think if you do read it.