"Hey. Where have you been?" It was just the three of us and we lived in a big house where we could be in the same house and not see each other for days.

"Girl, if anybody did tell me seh a suh much work it tek fi be a CEO's wife, I wouldn't bother come on this earth." I laughed and gave her a hug.

"Better you than me."

"You guys fighting again?"

"You know his usual, anuh like mi can duh anything bout it." And there was no joke in that because I knew he would find me anywhere in the world if I left and I didn't want to have to keep looking over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I should be used to it by now."

"Lila." She squeezed my hand and I gave her a smile. "I'm having a dinner party this weekend, you should come."

"Who an who aguh deh there?"

"Just a few of Niko's friends, a few of our business partners and a few of my friends." I was too much of an embarrassment to him, he wouldn't want me there.

"Then I think I'm going to sit this one out, him would a throw a fit if mi ever come."

"Anuh like him ave a choice in the matter, I invite who I want to an mi think yuh fi come so invite JJ an Angel." Jurian aka JJ and Angelina aka Angel were my two best friends and had been ever since we were eight.

"I aspire to be like you when I grow up." She always got what she wanted and he never complained.

"Oh, stop it." She bumped my shoulder playfully and smiled. "Your brother and I are doing date night tonight." As much of an asshole as my brother was, I loved how he loved her and how he didn't stop dating her even after they got married. He treated her like a delicate flower and I wished that I could experience something like that some day.

"Tell me all about it when you get back."

"Okay, see you later baby."

"Have fun." She headed down the stairs and I went to my room to get cleaned up.

•••••••••

I sat in the pool which was heated with my two friends who I had decided to call to spend some time with me.

"A bet yuh neva guess who mi si yesterday."

"Who?"

"Mi seh fi guess."

"Bredda talk if yah talk nuh." She knew I wasn't good at guessing games.

"Jason." I sucked my teeth because Jason had loyalty to one thing and that was pussy. "Him did a ask bout yuh."

"Fi wah?"

"How me must know?"

"Yuh should a ask just like wen yah faas inna ppl bizniz." JJ laughed and she splashed him with some water.

"Mi just comb mi hair today enuh, mind weh yah duh."

"Yuh think yuh hot bout yuh gone comb hair fi impress gyal. Lila look pan bwoy bout him guh barber shop guh sweet up fi guh look woman, Tina must kill him." Tina was his girlfriend or rather a placeholder because I knew who he really wanted and that was Angel but she was too blind to it.

"Tina is a mad bumboclaat gyal enuh an di two a unnu nuh stop indulge inna har fuckery."

"Have you seen Tina? She's so cute and innocent."

"Di demon dem always cute and innocent, take the two of you for example."

"Yuh too disrespectful drankro, who yah call demon?" I punched him on the arm and Angel splashed him a couple of times. "Weh yuh know bout me crawsis bwoy?"