Chapter 2: Humans or beasts

Start from the beginning

"Ew, I'm not gonna eat you." Anne replied in disgust.

"You tried to eat Wally!" Sprig said back. "With your friend." He said.

"I tried to ask Wally for help." Anne said. "He ran off screaming the second he saw us."

"That does sound like Wally." Sprig admitted as Anne's eyes widen "Wait what friend, what did she look like?" She asked.

"She? Your friend looked like a he and he had white hair." Sprig said causing Anne to be confused and disappointed.

"White hair? You sure, he isn't old?" She asked thinking the white haired male was very old but in fact, he was like 12 years old.

"No, he looked young." The frog said as an angry growl was heard from a distance. Anne grabs her spear and uses it to cut Sprig free from the trap.

"It's coming back!" Anne warned as she ran off. "What is?" Sprig asked. Anne looked to see a white haired boy fighting a Mantle with his spear.

"Just leave me alone!!" Lincoln yelled as his eyes glowed orange for a second then faded back to his original color.

Anne throws her weapon at the monster causing it to be distracted. The boy looked to see Anne as he was shocked to see Anne again.

"Come on." She said as they ran an hid inside a giant log, hidden away from the mantis. They all sighed in relief. "You saved him , you aren't beast at all, you're a hero, a very, very ugly hero." Sprig cheered.

"Call me ugly again and maybe I will eat you." Anne joked.

"Ha, you're not gonna eat me." Sprig said.

"I doubt that." Lincoln replied to Sprig. "You guys got a name?" He asked.

"My name's Anne, Anne Boonchuy." Anne introduced herself.

"And I'm Lincoln Loud." He added as Sprig introduced himself. "I'm Sprig Plantar, put her there."

He said, holding out his hand. Lincoln shook his hand and Anne did the same, however, both of their hands were covered in slime.

"So your hand just barfed on my hand." Anne said as both of her and Lincoln's stomachs started to growl. Lincoln looks at Sprig and asked.

"Okay Sprig, you got anything to eat?" Lincoln asked.

"Sure do." Sprig replied as he broke off a piece of wood, showing a bunch of insects.

"Things that aren't bugs?" Anne asked Sprig.

"No bugs huh?" Sprig asked as he eats one of the bugs. "We'll have to hunt around a bit, c'mon, follow me."

"How do I know we can trust you?" Lincoln asked as he was still suspicious about the new world.

"What, does this look like a face that can deceive you?" Sprig asked looking adorable as Anne chuckled. "Yeah I guess not."

"Well then, c'mon, guys, chow time." Sprig said, pulling Anne and Lincoln by the arms.

Back in the town, Hop Pop walks out of the store he was in to see the townsfolk forming an angry mob.

"When I say kill, you say them." Mayor Toadstool chanted. "KILL!"

"THEM!" The townsfolk responded finishing the mayor's word.

Another day, another mob, c'mon kids, time to, WHAT THE?" Hop Pop said as he turned around to see that Polly was sick cause of eating too much and Sprig was nowhere to be found.

"I DON'T HAVE A CANDY PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A CANDY PROBLEM!" Polly shouted.

"Polly, where's Sprig?" Hop Pop asked Polly as he started to get worried.