[The game continues. Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom!]

Flinches.

Ron: Castle to E-4! [Smash!]

Flinches.

Ron: Pawn to C-3! [Smash! Boom! The Queen turns, and smashes a piece! Harry, Ron and Hermione wince. The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry study the game.]

Harry: Wait a minute.

Ron: You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King.

Harry: No, Ron! No!

Hermione: What is it?

Harry: He's going to sacrifice himself!

"No." Charlie voiced angrily the toddler pouting and crossing his arms in protest. Many awed, worry still seeping into their faces and bones, Molly Weasley's face draining of all colour as Arthur wrapped his arm around her whispering consoling words softly about their strong and willing son, he would be okay, they would always be okay.

The Weasley's and Prewett's were always like that, no matter the hand they were dealt they pushed forwards, persevering, one step at a time. Can't do a spell? You try until you get it. Can't understand what's going on? Don't have to, keep moving.

Can't afford your house? Work yourself until you do.

It was their way of life, it set an example and it may sometimes hurt but it was their truth.

Hermione: No, Ron, you can't! [Ron closes his eyes looking away.] There must be another way!

Ron: [turns to face Hermione.] Do you want to stop Snape or not? Guys we all know it's you that has to go on. I know it. Hermione, Aurora, Abigail you all know it.

Hermione: I'll stay with him you three go on, promise

Ginny nudged the girl in question and Hermione and Ron's eyes caught one another and they smiled softly, blushing.

Ron: [Harry nods.] Knight...to H-3.

[Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.]

Ron: Check.

[The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.]

A soft bubbled cry left Molly's mouth and many eye's stayed wide and clutching at their own mouths. The Prewett twins were holding the younger Weasley's as their parents held the older Ron, ensuring his safety.

Ron: Ahhhh!

Harry: RON! [Hermione starts walking to him.] NO! Don't move! Don't forget, we're still playing.

"Good," Regulus muttered, anyone else he knew would've failed their game just at that moment.

[Hermione moves back. Harry walks the diagonal in front of the King.]

Harry: Checkmate. [The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. Harry breathes out and then the two run to Ron. They bend beside him.]

Hermione: I'll take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right... you three have to go on. You'll be okay, Harry, Aurora, Abigail. You're a great wizards, you really are, I know you'll be okay.