the end.

The next day I went to visit him in the hospital.

The doctors said he has a minimal chance of living and my heart broke.

If Vance died what would I do.

He would miss beating his high score, driving his first car. The thoughts made me cry.

I sat there holding his limp hand the whole day, and the next, and the next, until eventually the doctors told me that he wasn't going to make it. He only had a few hours left.

I burst into tears and my knees folded causing me to crash to the ground.

this cannot be happening.

For the few hours he had left I recounted to him what I thought about him.

"Vance I don't know if you can hear this but from the day I first saw u in the corridor I knew you were going to change my life, whether for the worse or for the better I had no idea. I'm so happy I got you to open up to me I know it was hard for you and thank you for all those times that you walked me home to keep me safe from the grabber when in reality I should have been the one walking you home. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for not telling you how much I loved you before you got kidnapped, and I deeply regret that the last time I saw u I didn't say anything even when my heart shattered after seeing you kiss that girl. I'm so so sorry it should have been me, I've been wishing on every star I see that you get better and you can hold me and we can cuddle while watching scary movies and eating sweets. If you don't make it I promise I will spend all my days trying to beat your Highscore at Grab n Go for you cause I know that's all you wanted. I love you Vance and I miss you. Please come back."

By now my vision was blurred thanks to all my tears.
I really hoped he could hear me.

I climbed into the hospital bed and hugged him.

His touch was cold and not warm like it had previously been.

Just like that he had died in my arms.

the boy of my dreams was now just a memory. One that makes you cry.

-
His funeral was a few days after.

The whole town was there, everybody knew who Vance was.

was.

It seems wrong to use that word now that I think about it. Vance was still here in spirit. I could feel him hugging me.

Before his burial I looked at his wooden casket that had a few flowers on top.

I couldn't help but cry as they put him down.

Our story ends here, but I guess in a way it never even started.