28. The Fallen Warriors

Start from the beginning

The Jaws' eyes were focused on Christa, who was staring down at her.

Then she let go and fell.
.

"Wh-What was that?" Connie asked. "Is she worried about the tower falling?"

"She has to be!" Christa said. "If she wanted to, Ymir could use this power of hers to escape all on her own."
.

The Jaws spun around, swiping furiously.
.

"And yet, she's not doing that." Christa said. "It's us... She's risking her life to protect us." She stood up on the edge.

Connie grabbed her legs. "Hey!"

Marco grabbed her other one. "What are you doing, Christa?!"
.

One the ground, the Jaws Titan struggled.
.

"Don't pretend like you're good, you idiot! You wanna go out in a blaze of glory? Are you stupid?!" Christa yelled, one hand slapping Connie's head.

Reiner and Bertolt gasped.

"It's too late for you to try and get into heaven! Live for yourself, goddammit!" Christa yelled. "If you're gonna die protecting this tower, forget about it! TEAR IT DOWN!" She screamed loudly.

"Hey!" Connie protested.

"Christa stop!" Marco yelled.
.

Gaining new resolve, the Jaws began tearing the tower apart and nailing.
.

The tower began to tilt.
.

"H-Hey! She's really tearing it down!" Reiner said, freaking on the ground.

"Keep it up, Ymir!" Christa cheered, arms up in the air.
.

The Jaws Titan climbed up and loomed over her.
.

"Want live...?" Ymir said. "Grab me!"
.

The tower began to tilt.

Connie, Marco and Christa jumped, latching onto Ymir's Titan's hair.

The tower began to crumble.

With the four in her hair, the Jaws moved to crouch on the other side of the falling tower.

They held tightly as it went down, crushing the Titans underneath it and causing an explosion of dust, shaking the ground violently.

Christa, Marco and Connie slid to a stop on the ground once the dust and debris in the air cleared.

Reiner and Bertolt sat up, the Jaws crouching behind them.

They looked around, gasping when they heard something shift under the rubble.

A dark-haired Titan came out.

"Titans again?" Christa said shakily.

"Hey, ugly!" Connie yelled, looker at the Jaw Titan. "Go and finish the job!"

A second Titan came out of the rubble as the Jaws Titan ran toward the first and jumped behind it, biting out its nape.

The second Titan grabbed her by the hair and smashed her forehead first into a large, sharp rock.
.

"Ymir!" Christa cried out.
.

Three Titans rose around the Jaws. Then four more.
.

"This looks bad." Connie said.
.

Christa stared in distress at the disoriented Jaws Titan.

Suddenly, a dozen Titans pounced on her, ripping her body apart with their hands and teeth.
.