"We're getting close to the Wall now, so there's no people living in the area." A scout said.

"Right. That didn't take us very long. Alright." Nanaba said. "Let's head to the south."

"What for?" Ymir asked. "There shouldn't be any villages south of here."

Nanaba looked behind her from the corner of her eyes. "We need to find the location where the Wall was breached. We'll ride along the Wall from the west until we find it."

"But Christa, Marco and I don't have our battle gear." Ymir said. "There's probably Titans roaming everywhere to our south. It's very possible we'll become Titan fodder. Let the three of us withdraw from the front."

Christa looked at her. "Ymir..."

"It's ok for me, Ymir." Marco said, looking at Ymir.

"You can't." Nanaba bluntly said and looked ahead. "I'll need somebody to relay back a report. I know how you feel, but you signed up for this as a soldier."

Ymir didn't look thrilled about it but didn't disagree either while Marco kept quiet.

The group rode beside a river with sheep on the other side.

Christa looked at Ymir with furrowed eyebrows. "Ymir. I'm fine with putting my life on the line."

Ymir glanced at her.

"After all, I'm the one who chose to join the Scouts." Christa said. "But... it's not the same for you. The only reason you joined the Scouts was because-"

"Hmph! You think I did it for you?" Ymir asked.

"Then why are you even here?" Christa asked, distressed. "You kept trying to convince me to join the Military Police. But then you gave that privilege to me." She looked ahead. "There's no way I'm good enough to make the top ten on skill alone. I'm sure if I asked someone, they'd say you deserved to be in it, not me."
.

Marco kept listening with wide eyes.
.

Christa looked at Ymir. "I don't know how you did it, but... Why? Why would you go that far for me?" Her gaze lowered, her shoulders hunched. "Does it... have to do with my family?"

"Yeah." Ymir replied and looked up at the sky. "It does."

Christa's eyes widened.

"Christa... Don't worry about it." Ymir said, looking at Christa. "The only reason I'm here... is for myself and nothing else."

"I see..." Christa replied.

Ymir was surprised to see Christa smiling happily.

"Thank goodness." Christa said.
.
.

___________________________________________

9 Hours After the Titan Spotting
___________________________________________

A Titan chased after a Garrison soldier toward a small cluster of houses.
.

Cannons were lined up.
.

"The target has come within range! All cannons, prepare to fire!" A Garrison soilder yelled.

Behind the group, atop a stone wall, Kitz Weilman raise an arm. "Not yet! Wait for the order!"

"Sir!"
.

The rider entered the fence.
.

"Fire!" Kitz ordered.

Cannons fired as the rider ducked to avoid getting hit.

The metal balls flew above him and the Titan kept getting blasted away.