The recruits gasped.

"There's no time for you to gear up. Take your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements. Understood?" Nababa said.

Connie looked pale. "From... the south?"

Sasha looked at him.

Reiner turned to Bertolt, looking panicked. "Has the Wall been breached?!"

"Get going!" Nanaba ordered, getting ready to fly away. "Lunch will have to wait, I'm afraid!" She flew away towards Miche.
.

Outside, a group of Scouts rode off.
.

Nababa joined Mike on the rooftop, standing beside him. "Mike."

"There are nine in that swarm up ahead." Mike informed.
.

Slowly but steadily, the Titans marched.
.

"They've broken through Wall Rose." Nanaba said.
.

Down on the ground, the recruits readied their horses.
.

Nababa knelt on one knee, chin in her hand. "We never managed to uncover the Titans' secrets or figure out what they are. And now the day has come. Humanity... has lost."

"No. Not yet." Mike replied and turned and walked to the other edge of the roof. "Only when a person stops fighting do they lose. As long as we continue to fight, we are not beaten!"
.
.

Horses raced away from the buildings.

"As soon as the Titans reach the woods, we'll split into four teams of recruits and soldiers alike, and then simultaneously scatter in each direction!" Mike ordered. "Avoid combat when possible and focus on getting the word out!" He turned to his side. "Is anyone familiar with this region?!"

Sasha raised her hand."M-Me! My town's north of here! I know the lay of the land well! And..." She looked at Connie. "...so does Connie!"

Connie was staring ahead, dazed.

"Connie?" Sasha said.

"My village... My village is to the south... where the Titans are coming from." Connie said. "I can take you to the nearby villages. After that... please let me visit mine."

"Alright." Mike said. "You'll guide the southern team."

"Yes, sir!" Connie replied.

Reiner rode up beside Connie. "I'll come with you, Connie."

Connie looked at him. "The south will be crawling with Titans. It'll be the most dangerous."

Reiner smiled. "So? I was going to help you sneak there anyway, remember?" He glanced to his right. "You coming, Bertolt?"

Bertolt looked uneasy, but finally said in a low voice. "Of course I'll come."

"As you may know, today marks the new darkest day in humanity's history!" Nababa yelled. "If ever humankind needed to give its all, that time is now!"

"The Titans have reached the woods!" A scout yelled.

Nanaba turned back to watch the giants approaching.

"Scatter!" Mike ordered.

The group began to split off.

"Ride as fast as you can!" Miche yelled.
.

The Titans came to a stop.

Suddenly, the Titans sprang into action, running and behaving abnormally.
.

"What?!" Mike said, watching them, stunned. "They all started sprinting!"

"Whoa! They're going to catch up!" Connie yelled.