Chapter 1

Kara's P.O.V.

I was flying back to the DEO after taking out an alien, who is being transported back in a DEO vehicle, I thought to myself I would take my time to get back because to be honest, I really don't want to see Mon-el and Imra together, even though he gotten back, granter it's been weeks for me and years for him, I really did thought that I have finally found the one for me but nope, he came back to me already married to someone that's not me, I stopped flying but I hovered in the air, I looked round because the city reminds me of things that Mon-el and I used to do, it hurts so much that the love of my life is with someone else, I fly over to the tallest building, sat on the edge and looked out over the city, being on the top of the building helps me to think clearly, granted flying helps as well but when it comes to big things like this, sitting on top of the building, looking at the lights of the buildings remind me that for the first time since I landed here, I am alone, I know I have my sister but it's not the same as having someone to hold, kiss, cuddle and showing how much we love each other, I don't have that anymore, I drew my knees up to my chest, buried my head and cried for the first time since Mon-el came back, I hear my name being called from the ear piece in my ear, I stopped crying, wiped my eyes and said "Yeah" I hear Winn say "Why are you on top of the tallest building? I thought you were coming back here after you caught that alien?" I sighed and said "I just wanted to be alone for a little bit, I'm on my way back now" I flew back to the DEO, landed on the balcony to see my sister Alex, for some reason she looked worried and said "Are you OK?" I nod my head and said "Yeah, I'm fine, just wanted to clear my head" Alex sighed because she knew that I don't want to talk about what I'm feeling so instead she said "J'onn has put the alien in a cell not long ago, he said to tell you that you can head home because you haven't stopped working for the last five days" I sighed and said "I will go home but call me if there is an alien attack" Alex nodded her head and I flew home for the night, I flew through the window, sped into my room and changed into my pajama's, I went to the kitchen, got a pint of ice cream, went to where the TV is, turned it on and for a few hours I ate the whole ice cream and watched a movie, I looked at the clock to see it was ten at night, I turned the TV off, made my way to bed, got in and fell asleep because I have to get up early in the morning for work.

Elena's P.O.V.

I walked out of my last class of the day, walked to my locker, opened it to get my bag out and was about to leave the building when Caroline came up to me and said "'Lena, what are you doing now that school's finished for the day?" I shrugged my shoulders and said "I don't know, go home and keep Damon the hell away from me, why?" Caroline smiled at me and said "What do you think about Bonnie, you and I go to the grille and have a long girly chat? We haven't done that in ages" I smile at her and said "I would like that, plus I wouldn't mind having a girl's night tonight, ever since me and Stefan broke up, I haven't felt safe from Damon" Caroline came beside me, put her arm round my shoulders and said "Then that's what we will do and if Damon even comes close to you then Bonnie will be ready to fry his brain, you and I both know that she has been itching to hurt Damon" I giggle and said "I do know that, plus the many countless times that Bonnie has asked me to hurt him and I keep on telling her 'No', but to be honest, if she ever asks me again, I won't stop her from hurting Damon" Caroline smiled and said "I think Bonnie will have a field day if you gave her the chance to hurt him, even though he has been tamed slightly since we met him but all of us can see that he going back to what he was when we met him" I sighed and said "Yeah I know," I looked at Caroline and continued what I said "that's why I'm scared to be alone, Damon has been trying to get me to go out with him when I don't feel like that for him" Caroline sighed and said "Damon is like a cockroach, no matter how many time you try and keep him away from you, he keeps on coming back" I giggle at that and said "That's true, I can't keep up on the amount of times that he got away with not dying, hell he came so close the other day when he tried and failed to fight with Klaus" Caroline shook her head and said "Yeah I agree with that, Klaus even said when I asked him about it, why he didn't just kill Damon Salvatore when he tried to fight with him? Klaus's answer was 'I knew what he was trying to do, Damon Salvatore will not give up until my family leaves town', after that we just talked about school, the dance and other things that took up about three hours of time, he had to leave when my mom got home but since then we have been talking none stop on the phone" I smile when I heard that, I looked at Caroline again and said "From the sounds of things, it's going well then but question, why was he at your place?" Caroline giggles, took her arm from my shoulders, looked at me and said "Klaus sometimes shows up just to talk to me, he also helps me with my homework when I am stuck but it's mostly just talking about each other" I smile and said "Well I am glad that you finally gave him a chance, if anything it shows that Klaus has changed for the better" Caroline looked at me and said "What about you? What's going on between you and Elijah? I saw the two of you at the Grille the other day and it looked like you were very happy" I giggle at that because even though she has grown up and matured since she became a vampire but when it comes to just us girls, she tends to go all teenager, I said "Elijah was helping me with my History Homework, I was already at the Grille to start it but it was getting on my nerves and I was ready to throw it across the room when Elijah showed up and stopped me from doing that, he asked me what was wrong and I told him, let's just say he found it amusing which made me slightly angry but he calmly explained to me that he will help me with it but only if I get a drink with him afterwards" Caroline looked shocked and said "He actually asked you to have a drink with him?" I smiled at her, nodded my head and said "Yeah I did, it was fun just talking to him and feeling like a teenager again" Caroline smiled at me and said "Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself, so when did you leave the Grille?" I stopped a foot from the front of the school doors, looked at her and said "I didn't, Elijah and I spent so long talking that we didn't notice that the place was closing for the night until one of the workers came up to us and told us that they were closing the place for the night, we left but instead of Elijah going to his car right away, he escorted me to mine beore he went to his" Caroline smiled and said "You like him, don't you?" I am so glad that I am a vampire because if I wasn't then my face would be scarlett red, I cleared my throat and said "I may like him but he doesn't like me like that, hell he even said that he won't fall for another, which to be honest stung and still does" Caroline rubbed my arm and said "Well he is an idiot if he said that but we will come back to that later on for now, let's get Bonnie and go to the Grille, I am in a mood for a milkshake and I am looking forward to our sleepover".