Chap 18

Sorry it took me so long, but I got it up before Halloween Eve, which was my original goal. Dedicated to Ruxandra_Celant for reminding me to write!

Anna called me Saturday, when we both realised that she left her "step-mother approved" clothes here and the witch found the shirt. She was grounded one day, thankfully. It killed me to not see her all day. Hunter called me a love sick puppy that was whipped. Of course, he then challenged me to be a man and have a paint ball war with him.

I won, reclaiming my "manhood".

Anna texted me that night, saying she would come over after church and we could study then.

Sunday morning came too soon for me, but I was up and at the church a good thirty minutes before service, making the assistant pastor do a double take when he saw me.

"Jett! I didn't expect to see you today, with your parents gone." He knew, like the rest of teh town, that I showed up becuase my father forced me to go.

"Well, I thought today was going to be a good day. And I'm meeting a friend here too."

"Ah, I see. Well, I am happy to have you here and so is the Lord." He gave me a genuine smile as he prepared his notes. I recieved a lot of the same looks as families filed in and settled down. I felt Anna sink down next to me and I smiled at her, glad I got up early to come.

"Hey, I had hoped you would be here and not just picking me up after."

"Well, I wanted to do something out of the ordinary."

"And so you did." She gave me a smile as she opened her hymn book and began to sing. The service went by fast and for once, I actually paid attention. By reading her notes she was taking, off course.

"Amen" We all chorused and began to stand as we made our way out of the small building. She followed me to the bike and I climbed on first, staring at her as she looked at me.

"Get on."

"I'm wearing a dress."

"And? No one is looking and it will stay down as long as you tuck it under you."

"You talk like you have personal expirience."

"And if I do?"

"I would need photographic evidience." She climbed on behind me and I waited until she wrapped her arms around me, letting me know she was ready. I started the bike up and peeld out of the parking lot, leaving her yell of surprise and the looks from everyone in the dust.

I weaved in and out of side streets until I pulled up to my house. When I shut off the bike I can hear her laughter as she got off and stood in front of me, her eyes lit up and she beamed at me.

"That was so cool!"

"I'm glad you like it." I replied as I opened the door for her.

"Say, do you have any clothes I can wear? The ones I left were dirty.

"Sure, come on." I led her up to my room where I dug in  my dresser for a clean shirt and a pair of track pants that would fit her. I found a pair that were a year old and an old Frankenstein tee shirt. I handed them to her. She pointed to the door and I realised she wanted to change in here. Sighing defeat, I left and headed downstairs. A few minutes later I heard her walk  down the stairs and I looked over at her.

One hand was holding my pant legs up and the tee shirt was knotted so it fit better. She sat down across from me and shook her hair loose from the bun it was in.

"Well, aren't you getting cozy."

"I am, I could stay here all night." A small groan escaped my lips as I imagined her staying here all night. She cocked an eyebrow at me, and a wicked smile played on her lips. "Just imagine, I could wake up and fix you breakfast like a little housewife."