202 of 300: Her nightmare

Start from the beginning

Close ko naman siya dahil sa mga nagdaang taon. Pape, Lolo and Sandwich sila ang pamilya ko. Pero may mga bagay kaming hindi napagkakasunduan. May mga bagay kaming gusto na hindi namin makuha-kuha. Or should I think that, there is one thing I want but they didn't want for me. Ewan ko ba bakit nagkaganito. Okay naman kasi eh... Okay na. Okay na sana.

"Ate, say sorry na po..." Sandwich whispered. Napabuntong hininga ako at tiningnan ko si Pape at Lolo. I bite my lower lip and I bow. Escaping their angry glares.

"I-I am sorry po..."

"Sorry nanaman! Ito nanaman tayo!" Pape shouted with disbelief and irritation. Tiningnan ko sila at galit talaga sila.

"Apology accepted," Lolo immediately replied.

"Papâ?! Ganoon na lang iyon!?"

"Yes, Erin! Tapos na ang usapang ito!" Bakas ang banyagang accent na nakasanay ni Lolo. He eyed me, "You'll be getting married as soon as you graduated."

"Lo. Teka po," I shake my head and tried to talk.

"No more buts, Earth-iha! This is the only thing we can do to make you stop at your brat-like doings!"

"Of course not! There are a lot of ways, Lolo!" Hindi ko mapigilang sumagot.

"Like what!? Like giving you all the freedom you wanted!? We already gave it!" Nanggigil niyang sagot.

"That's it? That's all you think off? Ahh to remind you! What if you will going to help me find my boyfriend among these seven billion people in the world! Huh. What about that?"

"We'd helped you, Earth!" Sigaw ni Pape kaya napalingon ako sa kanya.

"You helped? So where is he!? You helped by letting me go! But you didn't help me with the best you can! If you think of the things that are best for me then do the best thing you can. I am not forcing you and ordering you to help me! I am begging all these time! But you keep on letting me just go and that's it! Pape marami kayong pwedeng gawin! Kung tinulungan niyo ho sana ako edi matagal ko ng nahanap si Pating! But no! Just because Lolo didn't like him!"

"And so, iha-apo? What now if I didn't like him for you and I will never let anyone help you to search for him!?"

"That's the problem, Lolo. You want me to get married? I am so sorry to say but I have my boyfriend and he is the only man I wanted to exchange 'I do's with. There I said it," I smile.

"You don't have boyfriend." Pagmamatigas ni Lolo na nagpamuo ng mga luha ko.

"I have! Hindi kami nagbreak! You knew it, Pape! Hindi kami nagbreak! He just disappear! Ah no! You two get me away from that hospital where he was with! And that's the real thing happened, right? Hindi na ho ako bata, Pape, Lolo! I can conclude things, deduce things and logically explained it! Nakakaintindi na ho ako kahit English pa iyan! You made me educated! And there you have me, now."

"A professional woman we wanted! Not just a brat lady who can't get over with her not-really-boyfriend's commitment if that's really a commitment you think of! This is your life now, Earth-apo! Not on that running and endless gunshots you had before! Not on the world that your father had given you! This is the better life we wanted for you! So live. With. It!" He struggled to stand from the sofa of my bedroom and walk out.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Pape. He sigh and look at me disappointment visible on his eyes.

"Let's talk properly if we are not on fire, the three of us." He said and walk out.

Tiningala ako ni Sandwich. Tumulo ang mga luha ko at niyakap niya nanaman ako. I push him away, "Talk to Lolo and make him calm for Ate, Sandy please?"

"O-opo, Ate." He stutter and move out, too.