[ 020 ] ❝ people can be vile and cruel when jealous ❞

Lucía's phone, from the moment she left the track, was pinging with notifications. From people tagging her on Instagram to people messaging her on Twitter. She and Charles were trending on many different platforms, all because of a kiss shared between the two that had blown up on social media. She hadn't expected people to be silent about the announcement of their relationship, however, she did not expect everyone to react like this. This... this was insane. Anyone would think they've just announced they're secretly married with three kids.

After driving through the crowd of fans, with Charles signing hats, posters etc. as they left the track, she began to scroll through twitter, reading any funny comments she came across to her boyfriend.

"Someone said that it was the worst kept secret of the year," she looked up at him as he drove the Ferrari he was using this weekend- perks of the job.

"We just cannot hide our heart eyes for each other, ma chérie." Charles side glanced at her quickly, smiling lovingly. His hand was rested on her thigh and he'd only move it when shifting the gear stick when needed. Every time he did it, Lucía's eyes were drawn to the movement. How can driving a car be so hot? Honestly, Charles made everything look hot. The guy was the definition of beautiful. If he wasn't a driver, Lucía could guarantee he'd be a model.

"And now we don't have too," She grinned shyly, placing her hand on his. He connected their hands, entwining his fingers with hers. She turned her phone off and placed in under her leg so it wouldn't fall anywhere.

"Lu-" Charles hummed after a moment.

"Yeah," She murmured, head lent against the headrest, feeling slightly sleepy after the long day.

"I love you." He told her, genuine and full of love.

"I love you too." She turned her body sideways and reached a hand up to hold it to his cheek. He glanced at her before moving his eyes back to focus on the road. He enjoyed when she stroked his cheek, where his stubble was growing. Her touch was soothing, comforting. Being in her presence made everything perfect.

The day had been exhausting for the two of them, Charles was physically drained, and Lucía was sleepy from having been awake for so long. The both settled in their shared bed, cosy in their hotel room. They had immediately changed into comfier clothes, ordered room service and were now huddled under the bed sheets, watching iCarly on Lucía's laptop. They shared a pizza between the two of them, deciding to both cheat their diets as a celebratory meal. With a huff, not wanting to move from the comfortable position he was in, with his girlfriend in his arms, Charles shifted so he could get up, needing to take a hot shower, leaving Lu to finish watching the One Direction episode that she was invested in.

The episode eventually ended and Lu decided to pause the show, scrolling mindlessly through her phone instead. She liked a few photos on Instagram and reposted Ferrari's post of Charles winning to her story. As she was watching a video, posted by F1, she received a Whatsapp notification from her brother. It was a link to a news article that had already been written about Charles and Lucía. She read through it, pleasantly surprised to see that it was fairly positive. However, it did point out that a large handful of people were not happy with the announcement and instead were taking their displeasure to social media, twitter specifically.

She knew she shouldn't have. She knew she really should have turned off her phone and clicked play on the next episode, but she couldn't help but open twitter and see for herself what people were saying. The couple were trending #3 on twitter and as she looked through the tweets, she saw many positive responses but the negatives were doubled. People not only left awful replies on positive tweets but also tweeted themselves about how she was a 'gold digger'. This one confused her especially, considering she made her own money and a lot of it too.