4

Yes! It's finally time for study hall with Austin. Surprisingly, I haven't seen Cole around. That's a relief.

Wait, I guess I spoke too soon, I think as Cole walks into the room.

"Hey babe. Didn't see you at lunch. How you doin'?" he asks, sitting down at my table.

"I'm okay, how about you?" I respond politely.

"Better now that I'm with you." So he's a charmer, eh?

"What's up, Adaline?" a deep voice says taking a seat next to me. Great, now I'm sandwiched between Cole and Harry.

"Oh, hey Harry. Nothin' much, just talking to Cole. Have you guys met before?" I ask.

"Yeah, we've met, babe," Cole says placing his hand on my thigh carelessly while glaring at Harry.

"Adaline, I think Austin wanted to talk to you about something," Harry says pointing towards my brother. "Said it was important."

"Oh, alright thanks," I stand walking to Austin and Liam.

"You asked for me?"

"Oh, yeah. Just wanted to know who that guy you were talking to was," Austin says, his overprotective nature showing through.

"Oh, him? That's just some sophomore, Cole."

"Well, I don't like the way he was looking at you. Be careful, alright?"

"Yes, Austin. Promise," I say holding up my pinky.

"That's my girl," Austin smiles
wrapping his large pinky around mine.

As I walk back over to the table, I notice Cole is no longer present.

"Where did Cole go, Harry?" I ask taking a seat.

"Don't know, don't care," he scoffed, rolling his beautiful eyes.

Taking back by his sudden change of mood, I pull out some homework.

"What ya got there?" Harry asks.

"Just some Chemistry homework, why? Wanna help me?"

"Sure," he says reading my assignment.

Chemistry is one of my worst subjects. I don't get how any of this will apply to what I want to do in the future.

"I remember this. Once you get it, you'll see how easy it is," Harry says scooting closer to me.

"Okay, so number six asks what the metallurgical process in which a metal is obtained in a fused state. Do you think it's A smelting, B roasting, C calcinations, or D froth flotation?"

Well I know it's not B or D. "Uhh, C calcinations," I say hesitantly.

"Good try, but no. It's smelting."

About fifteen more minutes of Harry asking me questions and me answering terribly wrong continues. I'm so incrediby embarrased at this point. He probably thinks I'm so stupid.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I'm really trying to understand this stuff but I just can't," I say sadly looking down.

"Hey, babe. That's alright," he says trying to cheer me up. "Don't worry about it. If you want I can tutor you once a week," he offers.

"Really? You'd do that?!"

"I'd love to," he says, smiling at how happy I got.

"Thanks so much! I won't let you down. I'll get the best grades in the class with you helping me," I say enthusiastically.

"I'm glad you're excited to learn, baby."

My heart pounds at the new pet name. I mean, he's British so "babe" and "love" are usual terms, but baby! Oh my gosh, I just might faint.

The bell rings and the school day is finally over. I thought it'd never end; I survived!

"Why don't you come over today? I can take you straight from here," Harry offers.

"Okay, I'll just ask Austin."

"Aus, is it okay if I go to Harry's house? He's a genius in Chemistry and I need some help, well a lot of help actually, for next week's exam. Please, please, please," I plead giving him my best puppy dog look ever.

"Oh alright. Just don't bother him too much and behave yourself. Harry's a nice guy."

"I won't. Bye, love you," I kiss Austin's cheek and jog back over to Harry, overly excited.

"I'm guessing he said yes," Harry says taking in my joyful state.

"Yes! Thanks for doing this Harry. I can't wait to understand all of this gibberish," I say as he walks me over to his truck.

"You're a smart girl, so it won't take you long. Erm, my truck is lifted so I don't think you'll be able to get in yourself. Try for me," Harry says examining my height.

"Okay," I say, lifting my leg up as high as possible. I'm 5'5 so I should be tall enough.

Geez, how high is this thing? "Yeah, not gonna work," I huff, defeated.

"That's alrigh. I'll lift you," Harry says gently grabbing onto my hips and placing me onto the passenger seat. Hopefully he couldn't see up my skirt. I don't think I'd ever show my face again.

After buckling me in, Harry hops into the drivers seat and pulls out of the parking lot.

He plugs in his iPhone and 'Robbers' by The 1975 starts playing.

"Oh! I love this song!" I hum along.

"Yeah?" Harry asks, glancing at me. "Me too."

***

Harry's POV
"Here we are, sweet heart," I whisper in Adaline's ear, shaking her awake.

"Adaline, Adalineee, wake up. We're here."

Hm, nothing. She's a deep sleeper, isn't she.

I lift Adaline up and out of my truck and she stirs but stays asleep, nonetheless.

I lay her down onto my couch and hear Adaline mumbling in her sleep.

"Daddy? Daddy, is that you?" she asks. Fûcking hell. If she says that one more time, I'll have a full-on boner.

"No, baby girl. It's just Harry," I say as she opens those gorgeous brown eyes. She truly is a beauty, in every way possible.

Adaline's POV

Oh, I'm at Harry's house.

"Oh, hi. Umm, should we get started, then?" I ask him.

"Actually, I thought I could give you a tour of the house first, if that's okay with you?"