Ch.9

The supermarket wasn't nearly as busy as what it usually was. Or maybe that's just because Ruv scared everyone off due to his intimidating stature. It's not like he was a people's person anyway, far from that.

(Y/N) pushed the shopping cart along the aisles, looking for whatever she may need for home. "What else do you need, (Y/N)?" Sarvente chimed, looking at the basket full of food. She could surely make a bunch of delicious meals from these wonderful, high quality ingredients!

"Hmm maybe some canned drinks for the fridge?" (Y/N) suggested. Having a nice drink after a long day was always relaxing.

Sarvente clasped her hands together. "Splendid! I'll go get a few for you, since I'll happily pay for your shopping you need not worry about how many things you get!" The neapolitan nun hurries off down a random aisle looking for said drinks.

Ruvyzvat was stood by (Y/N), his hands in his jacket pockets. He was emotionless as per usual, staring ahead with his one eye. He even caught the attention of some young girls whom smiled and giggled at him. Not in a mean way, more in a way that they were obviously attracted to him.

The tall Russian man gritted his teeth, stepping behind (Y/N). Like she was a shield of social interaction. "Leave them to it, Ruv. They're just kids." (Y/N) whispered, earning a grunt from Ruv. "They're staring." He growled, his muscles tensing underneath his jacket. His teeth clenched and his eye narrowed dangerously.

"Stop. Staring." He threatened the girls, his tone deep and deadly. The girls became fearful, taking a step back from the man. "Hey, we're sorry-"

Knowing Ruv, he wouldn't hesitate to become hostile. Even to young teenage girls.

"Ruv." (Y/N) spoke, catching his attention. She didn't want to invade his personal space by touching him. The much larger man glared at her for a second, clearly angry about the situation, not so much at her. He turned from the girls and briskly walked ahead, not straying too far though.

Following after him, (Y/N) made sure not to run him over with the shopping cart. He'd probably lock her in one of the freezers if she did that. "See? They've gone now. No more staring." She assured.

Ruv visibly relaxed somewhat. His arms slumped and he removed his hands from his pockets. It was a good opportunity to see all the veins that ran along his hands. He must've been angry for them to pop out like that.

Sarvente came skipping down the aisle once more, holding a few packs of fizzy drinks which she placed in the shopping cart. "I just grabbed a few! Hey, what's up with you, Ruv? You look grumpier than usual." The nun placed her hands on her hips, tilting her head somewhat at the large Russian man.

Ruvyzvat grumbled in response. "Teenagers." He mumbled.

"Teenagers?" Sarv looked down at (Y/N) in confusion. The shorter woman gently placed a hand on Sarv's forearm, pulling her down so she could whisper in her ear. "Some teenage girls were oogling him." She whispered, Sarv's face wrinkling in concern. "I see. How rude of them. Did he shout at them?"

(Y/N) shook her head. "No, he told them to stop staring. In a threatening way."

Sarv tutted, tucking some loose hair inside her veil. "Let's pay for the shopping, (Y/N). We better get it back to your house, can't expect you to carry it all home!"

────── {.⋅🎤 🇷🇺 🎤 ⋅.} ──────

It was the evening- a cold night, glittering stars and the streets were surprisingly quiet for once.

(Y/N) was settled on her bed, scrolling through her phone while having a glass of water by her bedside. It was nice to finally snuggle down into bed, being all nice and cosy.