Emma couldn't help but laugh again. "Seriously Oliver, you are such a wife thingy to Brandan."

She sipped from the mug still giggling a little.

"Nahh..." Oliver dismissed her comment twirling his the coffee in his mug.

Emma raised a eyebrow while Oliver smiled knowingly glancing at her from the corner of his eyes.

"That wifey - wife position is reserved for you, it had always been."

The playful atmosphere suddenly went out the window, Oliver felt that change from inside his guts. A grave expression shadowed Emma's face as she slowly kept sipping the coffee not making any eye contact anymore.

Oliver sighed heavily. "You know Emma... after you left and everyone thought that you were dead, he became this lonely shell of a man. I remember meeting him for the first time when he took my interview just a few days after he joined his family business. I got the job and became his only friend soon. He began sharing his griefs with me... and his guilt." After a short pause he said in a low voice, "One day he tried moving on..."

Emma's head snapped up, she looked at Oliver's serious face. Oliver continued gazing out the window. "When the girl began touching him, he got so disgusted he just threw up all over her. Since then he has been living a life of a celibate."

Emma didn't know whether to laugh or sympathize but one thing was for sure that she felt quite satisfied. Now was she supposed to feel like that? Was it even right?

"You ruined him for anyone else Emma. He would never be happy without you and as I can see neither will you. I agree he was a number one jerk, a man-wh*** but Emma he had been suffering too - repenting all these years. Don't you think that's enough? I know it's difficult Emma but isn't it worth it giving the poor fellow a chance? I mean I can't handle this crying baby Brandan anymore."

Emma closed her eyes instead of answering Oliver and inhaled the delicious aroma of coffee while her thoughts ran haywire.

Brandan wasn't pretending, he truly did change. She trusted Oliver's words and moreover she trusted her own eyes and instincts.

But the question remained the same. Was it worth really it like Oliver was saying? Was it worth it at the cost of the risk of her heart getting all vulnerable once again? When the person in question was the same one who was the source of all the years long ache of the very same heart.

----------

------------

Tapping on the crystal clear glass over his office desk seemed to be irritating him even more. Evan's mood was on edge, he had already snapped on a few unexpected employees.