Intro

Being an immature seventeen year old, my senior year of high school I was dating this one guy who I once thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I got so caught up in the relationship and honestly within the first month we were already arguing. I was never good at school because I was a little lazy so adding a relationship on top of that, I got even more sidetracked.

When that relationship ended it was already January and my parents had no clue what my plans were after high school. As any reasonable parent would, they got really worried. My sister came home from college and she sat me down and started asking questions like; what do I wanna do for rest of my life, what schools I'm I interested in applying to? I had no idea, all I knew was that I loved fashion design but I got so discouraged by my high school counselor. He said that most art schools aren't accredited. He kept pushing me to consider going to community college. My sister went to a prestigious school, I wanted to live up to that. But my gpa was extremely low so I didn't have many options.

 She started doing more research and eventually found my dream school, California College of The Arts. I got accepted and I was super excited to finish high school and start college! When I got my financial aid package, living within the school was going to be extremely expensive. At the time, my school had two campuses, one in Oakland and one in San Francisco. All first year students were located in Oakland. Then after you start major, that's when you see which campus was going to be your main. My parents sat me down and told me that I had to find a way to get to school because they can only afford tuition. Although I was a Bayarea Native, I never took the Bart train. Maybe once when I was going wedding dress shopping with my cousin but I was ten!

My four years of college I spent commuting back and forth for school and honestly it was worth it. It made me mature a lot and It made me appreciate my culture. But I will say, I did see and experience a lot of crazy shit when I was taking Bart. I would be on the train super early or super late, sometimes in between. After I would arrive to my destination, I would still have to take the muni. I'm here to tell y'all all about my crazy, fun, and odd experiences that I had commuting in the Bayarea. Enjoy! 

-N