Chapter 2: Starting the Engine

Izuku was currently walking off the plane with his bag in hand, and was greeted with the warm weather of Los Angeles. He saw quite a few people around the airport wearing mostly t-shirts and shorts, or thin clothing. Izuku tried his best to not stare at any of the women, for he would only get red faced and quickly turn away. Walking through the crowd, he made his way to the entrance of the airport. He looked down the road and saw busy streets and walked away. Looking to an ATM, he pulled out a card that was for the United States, with Toshinori's name on it. He knew the PIN because he was too easy to predict. He was grateful for Uncle Nexu for teaching him how to read English. After talking out enough money for the day, he walked towards the beach, and wanted nothing but to relax.

"The sun is so bright," he noted, "and hot

"The sun is so bright," he noted, "and hot."

He could feel sweat on his brow as he sat on the beach, letting the sand cover his toes. Looking up and down the beach, he saw many people were happy with how their lives were being lived. Izuku wondered what his life would be like once he settled back in Japan. He lay back in the sand, letting fatigue set in with the last of the sun soaking onto his skin. He heard nothing but the rolling waves, people laughing, and cars driving by on the road.

"This is nice."

He knew he needed a place to stay, and stood back up, putting his socks and red shoes on. He started walking, and walking until he felt his legs ready to give out. The only savior he had was a small place at the top of a hill labeled "Torreto's Market and Cafe" at the side of the road.

"Thank god

"Thank god."

Izuku walked up to the place and quickly looked around for something he could eat and drink. A girl behind the counter noticed him walk in and smiled at him.

"Can I get you something?"

Izuku looked at her, and saw she had long brown hair, slim figure, and a welcoming face.

"Yeah, can I just get a sandwich? Whatever you recommend."

She smiled and gestured to one of the stools, "Sure sweetie, have a seat."

Izuku sat on the stool and put his bag on the floor, waiting for her to make the sandwich. Once she finished, she opened a can of soda and gave it to him as well.