Chapter 3

I was carrying in the bags of groceries I'd gotten in preparation for cooking with Hannah tomorrow morning. I decided to cook shepherd's pie with her tomorrow morning, it's a delicious meal, but still simple enough to not invoke too much stress on either of us. I unlock the door to my house, it's pretty big considering that I live alone, but it's a modest family home that means the world to me. I start organizing and putting away the groceries I got, letting my mind wander to Hannah once again. 

Her jaw-dropping silhouette appears in my daydream, and she turns around with a small shampoo commercial hair flip and the most dazzling smile on her face. Every time I see her, even in my imagination, makes me want to be hers that much more. She holds herself with such dignity and grace it's breathtaking. I start to blush thinking about all the places I want to touch, hold, and trace on her heavenly body. 

I realize that I probably shouldn't think about my co-worker that way, no matter how convinced I am that I am in love with her. After all, if she knew how much I thought about her, she'd most likely report me to HR and then request a transfer. 

I finish putting the groceries away and reheat some of the leftover stew from today's lunch in the microwave for my dinner. Although a lot was eaten from my dish, it will still probably last me for about a week. At least I won't have to plan my lunches this week. I can also visit my mom later this week and bring her some leftovers too, as well as some of the shepherd's pie I'll be making tomorrow. It's been a while since I've seen her since we've both been busy lately, but I try to call her every now and then to check up on her. 

After I eat my dinner, I shuffle one of my playlists and start cleaning up the kitchen. Then I make my way to the bathroom to give it a quick clean as well. Next, I tackle the table, it has a small collection of mail on it that I take care of. Finally, I turn on the robot vacuum my mom got me when I moved into this house a year ago, head to the living room to ensure that everything is in the right place and then turn on the tv and relax a bit. I always love myself a good cooking show, but lately I've been making my way through the "How I Met Your Mother" series. I am on season three of nine and still haven't met the mother. 

I grab a bowl of ice cream and sit back down on the couch to watch another couple episodes, I eventually make my way upstairs to my bed. I'm so tired and my bed is so comfortable that I fall asleep almost immediately, completely forgetting to take off my clothes. 

Her face is brilliant, almost as brilliant as her. She looks back at me with the sun setting behind her and the light cascading through her hair. She is smiling at me again, that bright mirth-filled smile that brings me life. I reach out for her, and she starts running towards me, eyes-sparkling. When she reaches me, I envelop her into my arms and squeeze, trying to remember how this feels and trying to make this moment last forever. Soon I feel the rhythm of her breathing against my chest and need more of her. 

The imagery switches, it's more intense now, I feel the heat of her lips on mine, moving passionately against mine that are just as enthusiastic. I reach down to her lower back and press her into me, I cannot get enough of her, I need to be even closer to her body. My other hand is tangling itself into her long, luscious hair, I pull her head back gently to look into her soul-sucking eyes and look at her lips, they are plump and red from kissing mine. I quickly start devouring her mouth again, she gladly reciprocates. The hand I have on her lower back slowly slides down to cup her ass, which fits just right in my palm, and squeezes ever so lightly. Hearing and feeling her slight moan in my mouth, I squeeze again, but a little harder this time and her hips roll against mine. A low groan escapes from my own lips this time. 

Before I can properly savour this moment, I wake up to my horrid alarm. I wish I could live in whatever multiverse my dream took place in. It seems heavenly. But alas, living in that type of bliss is not realistic, at least not for me. 

It's nine in the morning, I have two hours before Hannah gets here. I realize that I need to take a cold shower to be able to function properly. The water is so cold it shocks the tiredness out of me, but it is much needed and helps me focus my energy on not Hannah. I wash up and then brush my teeth and comb through my hair. I pull on a pair of jeans and a casual button up shirt. Checking my watch, I notice that I took longer than anticipated in my shower. I toast a bagel for breakfast and brew myself some tea, English breakfast, and then sit down at the table and scroll through my phone while I eat. Breakfast was definitely not the fanciest or anything, but it still tasted good and was filling, the tea delicious as ever. I put my dishes in the dishwasher and check the time, it's ten now, partially because of my shower first thing in the morning and partially because I don't have much time, I decide to skip my gym workout. 

I spend the last hour before Hannah comes over reading and trying to occupy my mind with something that's not Hannah. I realize sooner than later that it is easier said than done. 

My doorbell finally rings at 11:03 and I scramble up to answer it. 

"Hi James." 

"Hi Hannah, come on in."