Chapter 9_Kuro's Ego

Start from the beginning

They made their way to their classroom and noticed that Kurumi wasn't in class.

Yin sensed Kurumi on the roof but didn't say anything about it because he felt that Kuro needs to experience new things and for her to not rely on him.

The classes resumed as normal until lunch time and the whole area or campus was covered by Kurumi's power.

Time Consuming Castle

One by one the students fell unconscious and falls to the ground except Shido.

Tohka felt weak but didn't faint like the others and the same could be said to Origami.

Yin decided to play along and slumped down to his desk as he closed his eyes so that his actions would not look suspicious.

Kurumi then called Shido to go to the roof if he had business with her and told him to hurry up.

As for Kuro....she hid herself and wemt to the roof, only to be stopped by Kurumi's clone.

"What are you planning here, Kurumi!?" She demanded, as she glared at her.

"Ara ara~ Kuro-chan. Are you upset at me?" She asked, smiling but with a hint of sadness.

"Don't joke with me right now, Kurumi! Of course I am! How could you do this knowing full well that Yin-nii and i also attend here!" Kuro yelled, as she starts to feel frustrated by Kurumi's actions.

"I'm sorry, Kuro-chan but i must do this." She said, averting eye contact with her.

"Does Yin-nii know of this!?" Kuro asked, wanting to know if he knows her plan.

".... Yes" She answered with hesitation as Kuro's eyes widen in shock as she looked down.

"I see....then why didn't you tell me about anything about this?" She said, a tear slid down her face with her hair shadowing her eyes.

"Kuro-chan. I..."

"No, it's fine...i know you don't trust me like you do with Yin-nii but...at least... I wish.... You could have.....given me a chance" Kuro said then left to go back to Yin's side as Kurumi showed a pained expression.

Kurumi understood why Kuro would feel frustrated because she had experienced the same feeling of betrayal when she unknowingly killed her best friend and was being manipulated by the spirit of origins.

Meanwhile, Yin opened his eyelids as he saw Kuro crying beside him.

"Did you have a talk with her?" He asked.

"*Sniff* yeah..." She muttered.

"It's going to be alright.... Just be patient.... I'm sure that she'll trust you in the near future." He gently puts his hand on her head and began patting her, hoping that it would help her calm down.

You might be wondering why Kurumi's Time Consuming Castle doesn't affect Yin and Kuro.

Well, Yin has a large amount of reiryoku and doesn't have a limited lifespan and the same can be said to Kuro however, she can still feel her life force being drained if Yin was not using a barrier to protect her from it.

After a few minutes of Yin stroking Kuro's head, they heard the spacequake alarm but didn't move since they couldn't be affected by it.

They just relaxed there for a few more minutes before they heard multiple gunshots as they both stood up and ran to the roof.

Yin, noticing that he is in his human form, changed to his spirit form while also wearing his astral suit.

Kuro on the other hand is not hiding her identity and Yin stopped her from advancing.