Chapter 9_Kuro's Ego

Start from the beginning

They left them be as Yin took out his phone and texted Kuro that he was going home with Miyuki.

As for the three ladies, they saw Shido walking on the side of the road as they approached him and asked him where had been.

Tohka noticed Shido's hand injured as she took a closer look only for Shido to feel startled and run away, surprising the three.

"Yin-nii, what did you do to him?" Kuro thought, taking out her phone to see Yin's message.

Origami left after seeing Shido ran away as Tohka just stared at him slowly disappearing from a distance.

"Shido..." She muttered, concern written all over her face as Kuro put a hand on her shoulder.

"Go on. I think he needs your company right now."

"B-But–"

"It'll be fine. You saw the distressed face he was giving off, right?"

"But i don't know what to do"

"Just be yourself"

"Huh?"

"What? You think talking to him, pretending to be different from your usual self can help him? That is a no-no girl. Listen to me, judging from his earlier demeanor he might have experienced something traumatic. What he needs right now is someone to comfort him"

Hearing this, Tohka then found the determination to do it because she wants to help Shido in any way that she can.

" I'll be going home now, Yi– i mean, Kai-san just texted me that he went home because of an emergency"

She then left and waved her goodbye as Tohka walked back home and waited for Shido to come back.

______________________________________

Timeskip

Yin and Kuro went to school without Kurumi since the former wanted to go on her own

Yin didn't mind since he doesn't like controlling the others for his amusement.

"Seriously that woman. What is she planning now" Kuro exclaimed, annoyed that Kurumi is hiding something from her.

"Easy there, Kuro. It must be personal if she wanted to go on her own"

"But still–"

"Think about it this way. She had been living on her own before we even interacted with her. Do you think that she could trust us easily?"

"Hmm... You do have a point but I'm still mad that she's not saying anything to me about it."

"*Sigh* Let her be for now. I feel that something quite interesting is about to happen."

"Really! How can you tell?"

"Instinct" he replied nonchalantly as he kept walking forward as Kuro followed him.