"And the worst thing about this whole situation is that we've talked about this so many times, Kai. We've talked about you letting me know no matter how much you think it's going to worry me. We're supposed to be a team Kai. You're my boyfriend I'm supposed to be there for you and you're not supposed to go through these kinds of things alone."

Kai's head started ringing as he took in the words. Nicolas was right. They've talked about this so many times and Kai never listened. Kai never learned. He keeps messing up. And now Nicolas is mad. Nicolas even yelled at him. Nicolas is tired of him. He's going to leave him. Kai is so stupid.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please- please don't leave me." Kai managed to get out despite his throat starting to close up and his lungs feeling like they were being consumed in water. "I promise-I'll be better, and-and-"

"Kai? Hey, sweetheart, it's okay." Nicolas rushed to Kai immediately when he sensed the shift in his baby and he internally cursed at himself. He gently grasped Kai's face and when he tilted his head upwards and saw the tears filling his eyes he felt his heart drop.

Fuck.

"Kai, baby, I'm not leaving you. I'm not going anywhere, ever." Nicolas firmly said as he wiped away a tear that fell from the corner of Kai's eye but it was no use because then his lips started wobbling and a broken sob left his mouth and then his whole body was shaking.

"I'm s-sorry Nicolas. I don't want to-to be like this." Kai cried out. "I don't know why I-I keep messing up and b-being so stupid."

"You're not stupid." Nicolas said and he walked backwards until his legs hit the chair and then he sat down and pulled Kai on his lap.

"Stop talking right now and just focus on breathing, yeah?" Nicolas instructed when he noticed Kai's breathing getting shorter and heavier.

"I-I can't." Kai whimpered out and his hands were starting to shake even more.

"Yes you can, love." Nicolas softly encouraged. "I'll do it with you, okay? Please try for me."

Kai gave a shaky nod and together they started breathing in and out deeply and slowly until Kai's shaking slowly stopped and he regained senses.

"That's it, you're doing so good, baby." Nicolas softly praised as he rubbed Kai's back.

After a few more minutes Kai settled down and he wrapped his arm around Nicolas and buried his face in his chest. Nicolas tightened his arms around his waist and pulled him closer until there was no space left in between them.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Nicolas mumbled as he pressed a kiss to Kai's head.

"I-I'm sorry too." Kai apologized, his voice muffled from Nicolas' shirt. "Please, don't leave me. I'll fix this and I'll-"

"Kai." Nicolas said as he pulled Kai away from his chest to look at his face. "I'm not leaving you and I need you to get that in your precious little head, okay?"

"But-I messed up. I broke a promise and I lied all because I was scared and didn't know what to do." Kai said.

"Exactly, you were scared and you didn't know what to do." Nicolas told him, remorse filling him when he thought of how harsh his reaction was a few minutes ago. "And that's okay. When we made that promise of you telling me when something is bothering you we said that you would promise to try and tell me. I should have never said you broke it when you didn't because I'm sure you tried your best."

"I did." Kai mumbled. "I wanted to tell you as soon as it started happening but I was scared and he was scaring me and I didn't want you to fight him again because you got in trouble last time and you're already so stressed because of your midterms."

"God, that fucking asshole." Nicolas grounds out, his body tensing in anger at the fact that someone has been making Kai feel terrified for weeks now.

"I understand why you hid this from me, but now that I know we will fix this together, okay? Everything will be okay and I won't let anything happen to you." Nicolas swore as he pressed a kiss to Kai's forehead.

"And I'm so sorry for talking like that with you and overwhelming you. I should have handled the situation better and I promise I'll work on that to make sure something like this never happens." Nicolas apologized and Kai smiled as he now finally felt the stress and panic leaving him.

"You're not tired of me, right?" Kai asked, his need for reassurance being high after everything that just happened and of course Nicolas would always tell him what he needs to hear.

"I promise you that I'm not tired of you. I promise you I will not leave you. I promise you that I love you and that you are not stupid." Nicolas said and with each promise he would quickly kiss Kai on the lips until a small giggle left his baby's mouth making him smile as well.

"Now, we will go home and relax and then tomorrow we'll handle this." Nicolas said and Kai quickly nodded at the thought of returning home to their comforting apartment.

hi!

thoughts?

i hope you guys enjoyed this, some people requested for an argument between them and well here you are! i still wanted to portray a healthy way of solving things tho with communication and trust bc well yeah.

i don't ever want to normalize bad behaviour in relationships. it doesn't matter how badly someone fucks up or how angry the other person is, you should never treat the person you're with harshly or make them feel afraid even in the worst moments.

anyway,
-till next time