Damian x Reader

l/n-last name

You and Damian were a rowdy pair, the two of you pushed and shoved each other as you pleased. You both held similar qualities of a grumpy (you far less than him), competitive yet somehow respectful demeanor. The two of you managed to become close quickly. after nearly a year of taunting from Jonathon Kent, Damian finally admitted to liking you. It took some prodding but he did ask you out. Despite being close neither of you ever showed any particular bias towards each other. Jonathon had been listening in, and even though he was the primary supporter of Damian- his jaw dropped when you agreed. It took some adjusting, but the two of you started to look out for each other when on the field.  In the quiet moments when the two of you were together y'all would laugh and chatter tenderly. Even in those moments you could both feel something was wrong. Neither of you had truly let your walls down for the other.

Damian, entered into the Bat-cave where the two of you would meet up quite frequently, it was much quieter than the Titans base. This particular day you had waited at the Bat-cave to surprise Damian when he got back from patrol, everyone else was out of the cave except for Oracle.

You jumped up from where you were sitting, about to greet Damian. But, something was... off. he noticed you immediately. He scowled a little bit. "l/n"

You opened your mouth and swiftly shutting it, an uneasy bile settled into your stomach hearing him call you by your last name. You numbly nodded, still processing. You quickly scanned Damian up and down searching for any physical injuries. You couldn't find anything. His suit was practically sparkling, there wasn't a single scratch. "Hey, how was patrol?" His jaw clenched. Perhaps something happened during patrol? You stole a glance at your watch. He was nearly half an hour early.

"Fine. Why are you here?" Well, suddenly surprising Damian seemed like a terrible idea. Once again at a loss for words, you decided to let your face do the talking. You made eye contact, he still had his mask on, and it covered his eyes, but you knew the contact had been made nonetheless. Your eyebrows tilted up, as you tried to express your concern. Presently he grew uncomfortable under your gaze. "I don't have time for this." He scoffed marching off, bumping into you like an angry child. As he passed you spun and gently caught his shoulder.

"What happened?"

"Nothing!" He raised his voice slightly, "Nothing happened!" He almost shouted at you, but he forced himself back into the present moment. "I'm fine."

"You know I just want to help. All you have to do is let me."

"I don't want your pity. I can take care of myself."

"It's not pity-"

"Yes, yes, it is! I don't want you to look at me that way." He averted his gaze to the floor. He took a step away from you. Damian was never one to run away from his problems, but you could almost feel his will to turn and run off.

"I'll only ever look at you with love in my eyes." You advanced a step, making up for his step back.

"It doesn't matter." He responded darkly, now blatantly staring at the rocky ground. "I have to be stronger." The makings of a tear swelling in an eye.

"You inspire me everyday, but how can one truly be strong if they are never weak? Damian Wayne, this is your proudest moment. Nobody can say otherwise." You were shocked when Damian suddenly hugged you, but you hugged back tightly. A silence washed over the two of you as you both crumpled slowly onto the floor. You both stayed wordlessly in embrace for a long time.

"Grayson and I argued."

You waited a moment to see if he'd continue on his own, when he didn't respond you replied "It must have been serious for you to have gotten off of patrol so early."

At your response Damian shot up. He stole a glance at your watch- which you scarcely noticed. "Y/n!!"

"Wha-" He dragged you to your feet and holding tightly onto your wrist and raced up the stairs to the elevator.

"Dami- I'm not allowed upstairs!-" It, apparently, didn't matter to Damian as the elevator opened up and y'all hopped in. And just as the door was sliding shut you could see Nightwing's bike gliding into the bat-cave. You relaxed a little bit upon understanding Damian's reason. But he merely stared at the elevator door wide-eyed.

"Uh... do you want to meet bat-cow?"