2

word count: 317

josh is standing in front of mr joseph. mr joseph is telling josh about his lazy son. 

"he cries. he argues. he makes my wife go insane. she has to go to high lengths to not hit our son."

josh is uncomfortable. 

"he's so lazy he can't clean this damn pool."

josh nods. 

"follow me."

josh follows the man through his mansion. with white marble floors, josh knows, they are rich. 

as josh stands in the backyard, he sees a small boy in rebel red hoodie. his eyes are closed and his hair sways in the wind. a small styrofoam cup stands on a table to his left. 

"that, is tyler." 

that sentence changes josh's life. but he doesn't know that yet. 

"tyler?"

"my son. he's lazy and can't clean the damn pool."

josh nods, "i will do my best."

"good. i will send the payment to your house. i have to leave now. goodbye."

before josh can say a 'goodbye' mr joseph has already left the backyard. 

-

josh watches tyler as he sleeps. tyler doesn't move, he's barely breathing. but when he does wake up, he searches for his cup, quickly and anxiously. like he will die without it.

he's so preoccupied he doesn't even notice josh until he's downed the whole cup. tyler wipes his face with his sleeve. and he sees josh out the corner of his eye. 

"who the hell are you?" 

tyler's voice is angry. he's barely awake, still tired. he wants no one in his space. and even though josh is a good ten feet away, he's still too close.

"josh dun."

"the fuck are you doing in my backyard?"

josh shifts uncomfortably.

"im-im your pool boy now," josh holds up the telescopic pole. 

"you're not my pool boy. you're some rich boy of my parents."

tyler rolls his eyes, turns over and falls back to sleep, unaware his cup is empty. unaware this will cause him a panic attack in a few hours. 

a/n: hello humans im so tired and ik it's thurs but ykw here you go anyways 

enjoy