Chapter 8

"Welcome back to another show of Riley telling us about her love life!" Zoe cheered through the screen causing Riley to laugh at her hype. "Don't you already have enough information?"

"Oh no no, my dear, there are a few crucial things I absolutely need to know!" Zoe raised her glass of wine to her lips while raisng her eyebrows expectingly.

"Fine, what do you want to know?"

"First question, why are you up on this ungodly hour?" Zoe asked referring to the 5am in Seoul, while it was 9pm in London.

"I couldn't sleep"
"Okay, but what are you doing at the office?!?"

"I thought I could use the time well so maybe I could leave earlier today"
"To meet up with Changbin?" Zoe asked with hope, knowing he was one of the only people that could lighten her mood.

"No, 3Racha is busy this week but I'll meet up with Hyunjin"
"Tell that boy to call me, he sent me his last painting and hasn't read our chat since then"

"I'll do, he's probably insecure about it and fears judgement or something" Zoe nodded, thinking before continuing, "You are dodging the main topic at hand! Give me the tea, what happened when you introduced Changbin to our dear Erin and John McEvery?"

"Let me get a coffee, then I'll tell you" Riley went to the machine and then returned with the cup in hand. "Technically my parents already knew Changbin, I just had to tell them he was my boyfriend now."

Zoe made a motion with her hand to tell Riley to continue. After a big sip of the hot drink, Riley leaned back thinking about this event.

flashback

"I am going to die!" Changbin exclaimed and raised his hands to cover his face. "Why would you? They already know you and like you"

"You were also nervous when we went to tell my parents!"
"But that is different! Your mom has been sceptical about me when I first met her, I didn't want to ruin her slowly built acceptance. My parents have always loved you! And we are already in the driveway so there is no turning back now"

"Kiss me please, I need motivation" Changbin whined and Riley leaned over to press a short peck against his lips. "That wasn't even a real kiss!"

"There you have your motivation: You'll get a real one after we told my parents" Changbin nodded and started to drag Riley towards the front door. It was opened by a smiling Millie who was in on their plan.

"Mom and dad are in the living room, they are expecting the worst since you told them you needed to talk" Millie informed after hugging the couple.

"This is it, I'll be taking my leave! You can just tell them alone right?" Changbin almost begged.

"Mom, Dad I am here and so is Changbin!" Riley yelled into the house. "Traitor!" whispered Changbin, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. McEvery"

"How often have I told you, you can just call us Erin and John, Changbin?" Riley's mother stood in the hallway and pulled the two in a short hug. "Let's sit down, shall we?"

The three teenagers followed the women towards the living room where the new couple stopped and looked at the seated people. "Mom, dad,-" Riley started but was cut off by her father.

"If you are pregnant, we will support you. We won't blame it on you or Changbin but we need to talk about the future"

"I- WHAT?  What makes you think that?!? I am not! Why would you think that? And with Changbin?"

"Why did you sound so against the idea of me being the father?" Chanbin argued.

"I am not pregnant!" A short moment of silence filled the room before Changbin broke it again, "But if Riley were pregnant, I would be the dad."