chapter 20

When hawk was at work demetri went to talk to y/n about her feelings towards him. He's obviously very flattered but demetri literally sees himself as her uncle so he's also very weirded out too.
He knocked on the door nervously. He didn't want to upset y/n but she needed to know the feeling isn't mutual and hawk cannot know about this even if it was just a hand hold but he's worried she's going to try something more.
Eventually she opened it and she was holding dungeon lord merch and she was dressed like she was going to go on a date with him.
" Oh hey you" she said flirtatiously.
Demetri sighed knowing this is going to be tough news to break to her.
" Listen y/n you do know I'm very flattered that you feel this way about Me I mean who wouldn't be"he started.
Y/n smiled and nodded obliviously.
" But this can't happen. One it's illegal two your like a niece to Me and third your my best friends little sister and he would kick my ass if this happened and fourth the feeling just isn't mutual. I'm sorry" demetri said while y/n face dropped. Y/n was really hurt by this rejection but she decided to laugh it off.
" Oh yeah of course I understand" she held back the tears.
" Okay cool but we can still be friends" demetri put his hand on her shoulder.
" Oh heck yeah" she said awkwardly.
" Alright thanks for being cool about this and I'll see you later" he said leaving.
Y/n nodded and waved.
She slammed the door shut once he was out of sight and balled her eyes out. After a while of crying she texted hawk telling him him needed to speak to him after work which made hawk happy that she might finally be ready to open up to him and also made him concerned in a way because she never wants to talk to him.

What is y/n planning?