17. Another victim

A/n: That is my depiction of how Zente looks like, creds: yours truly;)

Idk if ya'll really see the drawing but like, if you do, gimme feedback pls-

♡ ~ —•✧•— ~ ♡

Turns out that what Romania made and had you put into the water container was a genderbending potion of sorts.

After you've had your lovely break from work, loads of paperwork were waiting for you in your office, piles upon piles. Just by the looks of them alone, you could tell that your work isn't going to be even the tiniest bit relaxing. However, one of the few human friends you have in this world, Zente Elrod, felt generous and decided that he would help you since he had all of his done. The boy was good company, he listens to you whenever you talk and stays quiet when necessary, sometimes, he would throw in a joke or two while you both worked.

But you should've known better than asking him to sort out a drawer that you, placed some of your discoveries about the game, that alone was enough to expose you, so why did you do that? It wasn't very long until he saw those notes and questioned you.

"...Y/n? What are those?" Zente said, handing some neatly printed files to you. As you read the documents, your jaw dropped in horror, you were exposed, is he going to think that you're crazy?

"Aha, don't mind them! They're nothing significant!" Pushing the papers aside, you faked a smile, fully knowing that it wasn't very convincing to the male sharply gazing at you at that moment.

"You really should learn how to lie, it'll do you a favor." He said casually, eyes flickering to your notes. "Tell me, are you from another world?" You only stayed silent, watching the male's every movement and analyzing them. "Eh... would you be more relaxed if I tell you..." Zente paused for a moment, before turning his gaze back to you, flashing you a charming smile, "that I am also from another world?" Your eyes widened, not expecting what he had just revealed.

"Really?!" You excitedly ask, seems like you weren't alone, after all. The boy kept his smile and nodded before his expression turned thoughtful.

"Yeah, I volunteered to be a beta tester, after that day I woke up in this world, already EU's assistant. I am guessing since you were a note-writer, the game got released?" You nodded at the boy's remarks, his amber eyes made eye contact with you as he spoke, tone more serious this time. "Tell me every aspect of the game that you know of, I need info, since my knowledge on it is probably outdated."

.

.

After Zente's knowledge of the game was updated, he kept complaining about how many countries you get to meet, counting the ones in quests. You only looked at him in disapproval, clearly, this guy knows nothing about how annoying quests are, even if you had finished just one of them.

"Anyway, you said you can do quests, no? How many have you done? What are the quests' objectives? I might be of help for your future quests, since the game was reset quite an amount of times for me, and I'm sure my knowledge of the countries can be of help." Zen said, his voice filled with sincerity.

"Wait, the game can reset?!" You asked, turns out you had many chances to come back to your world after all.

'But do you really want to?' A voice in the back of your head doubted, leaving you dumbfounded with a new question for yourself. It didn't take long for Zente to notice your zoned-out state as he waved his hand in front of you.

"Y/n? You good?" Snapping out of your thoughts at the sound of your name, you nodded and turned to look at your friend. "Anyway, yeah, the game could reset, it'll take quite some time for it to do so, though. Plus, there are... unsettling... things on certain secret routes, so it's best if you manage to win on the first try."

You looked at the male, tilting your head to a side, and were about to question what unsettling things he meant, that was when a familiar voice rang from the hallways.

"Elrod, you wanted to ditch your duties to go and talk about games with L/n? How irresponsible... And Mx. L/n, I'll appreciate it if you would stop tempting my diligent assistant in such trivial matters." EU was there, leaning against your office's door, his expression sour and annoyed as always. His perfect face seemed to be more pretty, somehow. Yet, even if he was the last on Earth, you would never date him, never! The guy just gets on your nerves.

Zente only smiled apologetically at his boss and gestured for you to continue to work.

You couldn't keep track of the time, and if it weren't for Zente, you wouldn't have known your shift has already ended. The male was quick to help you sort out the remaining paperwork and gather his stuff, maybe it was a skill he learned from working with EU? Who knows, but he soon bid his farewells and left with Amelia, those two were sure very close...

But his last words to you before he left had you thinking, hard.

"You know, Y/n. One of the things I learned from playing the game too many times is that, if you can't get EU to genuinely like you and not become sour whenever he talks to you, then a bad ending is guaranteed for you. So, do your best Y/n, try to befriend EU before Izabel does, trust me, if she does, it won't be pretty."

♡ ~ —•✧•— ~ ♡

Information and Quests

Love Interests unlocked: 27(+0)

Quest points: 1

Next quest milestone: 10 points

Routes unlocked: 0