Feel-a-Dalphia - Smoking Buddies!!

Characters
1: Philia, 39, Architect, A young Alpha Female
2: Alex, 32, A newbie Expat
3: Alex's Brain
4: Younis (Alex's Roommate)

Laughters..... Gossips..... Laughters.....!!

["Fuck you" she said in a sarcastic mood.

"Not now, Fili, coz number one, you're married, and second you're on your periods!", He said and they laughed a lot.
And they talked for hours]

[Flashback]

Alex and Philia became friends in no time. Their friendship started with a very weird interaction. Alex had recently shifted to Dubai and Managed to get a job, he was walking back to his residence with his friends on the Thursday night, the clock struck, 3:26 am, showed Friday 14th October 2014, they were staying up late coz they had work late, the store opened at 2 I'm the morning. So on their way back home, they heard someone trying to light a cigarette. That tick-tick of the lighter told Alex it's a girl. Younis, his roommate, said "no Alex this isn't a girl"
"Will see bro, you don't know how I read the signs",
And when they turned around the corner, they saw a beautiful girl, sitting in a long black abaaya, trying to light a cigarette. She asked them in a very polite manner,

"Do you have a lighter please?"

She was in her mid thirties, having a glass of some yellowish brown drink with her, he presumed, she must be so drunk, "oh you poor soul" he thought,

Alex, was looking for a cross gender interaction for long, he didn't have any sex except with himself since he came to UAE, in a split second, went straight to the girl.
"do you have a spare cigarette?", He looked atraing into her eyes.

"This is bad" she thought he was a naive rude little boy,

"This is trade", he replied in a split second. He was known for his quick and witty replies.

The girl, on the other hand, seemed to be annoyed, gazed at her cigarette box, in disgust, of course, and then offered him a cigarette, coz she needed the fucking cigarette to be lit at any cost.
He shamelessly took the cigarette, lit her cigarette.

In a clearly communicated nonverbal dialogue, it became clear that the girl wants a lighter, but he was trying to be a cunning one.

He held his lighter, the girl seemed hesitant, to ask. She probably had plans.

"you know, actually I NEED a lighter"

"Ma'am, I would have gladly given it to you but I cannot, it's my boss's lighter"

The lady, a young beautiful lady, carrying herself in a very decent manner, was awestruck at this behavior, "WTF" she mumbled.

He gave him a bitchy smile and left.

[Alex's POV]

"See Younis, I told you, it's a girl"

"Yo bro, I admire, what the Chinese girl up-to? Was she drunk or something?"

"Nothing, I don't know if she was Chinese, she looked like a fillipino, but I didn't notice, she wanted this lighter, but it's from Alan"

"So what man, the boss just exchanged it, you don't even have to bother, you could have given this lighter"

"Come on man, I don't even know this girl"

"Lady!!"

"Okay whatever" Alex lit the cigarette he got from her.

[Self talk]

"Alex that lady just wanted a lighter, you shouldn't be that rude"
"I know so what?"
"That's not what you do to nice people"
"What do you want me to do? Give her inheritance?"
"Shut up and finish the cigarette"
"You talk to much"
"Old habits bro"

They reached the apartment, Alex lived in a 2 bedroom house, provided by the store he worked at, 22 people in two rooms, they had 1 washroom for like 18 people. It was worse than a prison. But for starters, it was good and it also had a bright side, they all found themselves a great bond. All the workers, cleaners, sales staff, managers, from different countries. Fought a lot. But still loving each other.

Alex lived in the main bedroom. It had three, threestoried bunker beds. Where there were 8 mechanics and him. He was a Digital Media Manager and was entitled to live in the other room, but he never wanted to be there. He was okay with where he was.

He rushed to his bed, picked up another lighter, reached out to his bag, grab some candies. And rushed back to the lady. It was in the next block. Just behind their building.

[Alex's POV - Self talk]
"run doggy she might leave"
"What if she's hurt"
"She must be so drunk"
"She'd have gone"
"She was in need, you doggy!"
"Okay I'm so tired"
"Just give her the lighter, be nice and rush back"
"What if she's a single lady"
"What if she's not?"
"You talk a lot Doug"
"Old habits bro"

Ext-

He reached there, she saw her, she was confused, if she has has to smile or say something, before she said a word, Alex reached out into his pocket and give her the lighter.
"Oh you brought me a lighter"
She was a cute looking Phillipino.
"Yeah Mam, I just felt bad, bcoz I couldn't lend you this other one, it's from my boss", but in his brain he said to himself, "the boss doesn't know it that he once exchanged it with you Doug."

"Where do you live"
"Next block"
"Aan.... What do you do?"
"I work as a Digital Media Manager, and you"
"I'm an architect"
Alex's brain: "O fuck, so out of league bro, so out of league"
"Oh wow, designs and all"
"Yeah yeah, which company you work for?"
"Car Dreamers ma'am"
"Aaa aaa, great, thanks a lot for this lighter"
"Eh no problem", he blushed
"I'm Philia!"
"I'm Alex", he out his hand out of trousers, and offered a fist bump.

They fist bumped, and then he opened his closed fist. He had a chocolate to offer her.

"Oh brought me a chocolate"
"Yes, I have more", he was back in his preteens, emptied his pocket, and out all the candies.

"Okay, see you Philia, have a great time"
Brain: don't be fucking drunk"
They passed a smile, Alex turned back towards home.
Brain: [let's see if your communication skills worked, let's count, threeeeeee, twoooooo]

Philia: "you know Alex, I have a question!"

Brain: [ehhhhhh ..... Told you buddy, let's see]
Alex turns to Filia,

"yes?, What's that?"