Chapter 53 - Death siblings

Start from the beginning

"Here, try putting it on this and wearing it like a necklace." She advised me.

I glanced away from her and nodded. "Thanks."

"By the way, while you're gone. I think it would be beneficial for you to come by my place sometime. Monster lane is different since Karma. I think it be good for you to see it all and my kids while you're in this phase of change."

I turned back to her and nodded. I opened my mouth to say thank you. But I stopped myself. Whatever I was gonna say, it wasn't gonna feel genuine. When I'm better, when I see what I want to become. I'll thank her properly.

"Yeah, I think it'll do me good." She smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "Monster lane is for the first time ever. In a real state of change thanks to you. I really think we can do something* ya know?"

"Yeah." I said.

Just then I heard a meow and saw Thomas. He leaped up and I gently rubbed his cheek.

"He's coming with you four days of the week. And three with me. That is my final offer." Casey said. 

Aeseria stepped aside and Casey had her arms folded.

"Seriously? Why can't you just keep him?" I asked. 

"Nyx, you let Nova basically have Scar, you let Face changer roam, you need a helper of some kind." Boa said. 

"Yeah! Listen to Aunt Boa! I don't want you to not have anyone with you." Casey said and bit her lip.

Her body shook and she had her fist balled in frustration. I took a breath and petted Thomas. "Fine, we can have joint custody."

Casey smiled. "Thanks." 

"Alright, is wolf boy coming? Or the tall, angry and handsome?" Boa asked.

"Nick's been M.I.A for a bit, and Nova refused to come." Aeseria said and glanced at Casey. "He's been training nonstop. He did say to tell you, good luck."

Casey sighed and I nodded.

"Alright, well, ready Boa?" I asked. 

"Yeah, let's go." She said and started off into the woods and I followed her lead. 

To think this forest walk bracelet could help you travel as far as countries. Before we even started Casey ran up and hugged me. It was like a vice grip. Her body was shaking and she buried her face into my chest. She was crying and I started to cry a bit myself and hugged her back.

"I'm gonna miss you Nyx!" She cried into me. 

"I'm gonna miss you too..." 

We both just held each other. Not saying a word and just remembering how each other felt. It hurt, knowing that I couldn't know how Casey was for months. I'll miss my best friend...

....

Boa and I continued down the woodland path in silence. I didn't know what to really say. My heart ached and Casey was stuck in my head. I kept running my fingers over the ring, and mom would occasionally come into mind. Which calmed me. It reminded me why I was doing this. So I could be a different person when she woke back up. 

Eventually it started to get darker outside, like the sun was setting. And the trees around us started to change colors. The bark, the grass. It all seemed different. Then came the color of the leaves. They were pink? Just like Sakura trees I'd see on the internet. 

"Woah..." I mumbled.

"Yup, your sis figured you'd like the scenic route." Boa said.

Thomas swatted at the leaves and I ran my fingers over them. "Wow, this is beautiful."

I bet Casey would like it a lot...

"Do you know my sister well?" I asked. 

"Hell ya! She gets me all my Sake!"

"Of course she does..." I mumbled.

Soon there was an opening ahead of us. And I saw someone standing at the end. Once we got toit, I finally saw her. 

I was surprised. She was dressed in professional business wear, a nice skirt and a blazer that was undone. Complemented by a pair of thin glasses and a stern face. But the most surprising feature about her was her missing left arm.

We stopped in front of her and I stared in awe. 

"Well Nyx, this is your older Sister, Himitsu Tomo."  She smiled at me and tilted her head. 

"Kon'nichiwa, kyōdai!" My sister cheered happily.