𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

Start from the beginning

My mother was an adorable woman and she really meant the whole world to me but when it came to talking, she would never let anyone speak until she was done. She was the social butterfly of the family and this was what made her more of a cheerful person.

I decided to shut up and to let her talk first, not that she would even let me talk.

"In two weeks' time, me, your Baba and Zain, will be settling down with you Inshallah."

FINALLY....

"OH MY, REALLY?"

Excitement and immense joy coursed within me at the thought that I was finally going to be reunited with my family again.

I've missed them so much after coming to live in Lindau that I always craved for that rural Germany every single day.

But now that my parents and brother were finally going to be with me again, I wouldn't feel homesick anymore.

"Yes Inayah, yes. And I can't wait to see again you, my annoying daughter."

"I can't wait to meet you all either, Mama." I chuckled.

Tears overwhelmed my eyes again and I quickly wiped them off. It was unprofessional to cry during working hours, right?

"Now tell me about you, my dear."

My heart thumping in my chest, I felt myself grinning like an idiot, impatient to spill everything to her.

"I-"

"Excuse me, isn't there anyone here to attend customers?"

A deep familiar voice resonated within the room and a feeling of disappointment slowly sank in at the thought that I would have to keep my mother in suspense.

"Mama, I will talk to you later. There's a customer here, I'm so so sorry."

"It's fine, don't worry. Work comes first and I understand. Just take care and I love you."

"I love you even more, Mama."

I disconnected the call and walked to the front, my eyes on the screen monitor in front of me.

I lifted my head to serve the customer but when my eyes crossed with cold dark brown ones, filled with so many secrets and mysteries, my heart fluttered and I honestly didn't know why.

This was exactly what this man was.

Filled with the darkest secrets, mysterious, cold but also annoying and short-tempered.

But what made him even more intriguing was what an angry and arrogant man like him, Hashim Yilmaz, doing in this pharmacy? At this time....

***********

HASHIM

I was on my way to pick up Aylin from Ezra’s house when she called me to tell me Aylin was having a mild fever since she came back from school and she had no medicine to give her.

Annoyed by such carelessness from Ezra, I told Omer to wait for me while I went to grab a few medicines for Aylin in the pharmacy of Ezra’s neighborhood.

I was not used to this place and well, for a first time, I already had a bad impression considering there was no one to assist me, a normal customer.

"Excuse me, isn't there anyone here to attend customers?"

I waited, trying to control my patience even though I was not really a patient man, I hated to wait. I completely loathed it and I knew if I had to wait for few more minutes, I might create a chaos here.