tummy ache

"Thanks, but I'm not very hungry."

"Eh? Why not, you've been running around all morning," the pixie gawks with a mouthful of fisherman's toast, the traveler inwardly cringes at the display. Despite the fact that his attention was currently on a weapon, he could easily imagine how the pixie looked considering how often he saw it on a daily basis.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, you'll choke," the boy lightly chastised as he eyed his newest sword, it wasn't very strong compared to his go to but he's sure with some enhancements it could definitely get the job done.

Paimon rolls her eyes as she chews some more before swallowing, he always acted more motherly this time of year. It was almost overbearing.

Not like Paimon of course.

"You should at least eat some fisherman's toast, you'll get a tummy ache otherwise," she pouts, the outlander sighs in defeat because he knew she was right.

"Ok," he exhales as he stands up, dusting his backside off, "let me go and wash up first." Both traveler and companion make the small trek to a nearby pond, Aether washing the grime off his gloves and sword before splashing some of the cool water on his face.

Pushing his bangs back and out of the way so they wouldn't stick to his soaked forehead, he rubs the excess fluid from his face before turning to claim a spot beneath a nearby tree to eat his lunch. The white-haired fae is quick to claim her place beside him before handing him a brown paper bag.

The blonde thanks her with a smile and pulls the toast from the bag, taking a large bite before silently chewing. He stared out ahead, watching as the still waters rippled from the wind and occupying fishes, its blue surface sparkling brightly under the afternoon sun in a hypnotic display.

The toast was warm and had gotten a little soggy from the toppings, the blonde tried to quell the feeling of disgust as he took another bite. He closed his eyes as he chewed, breathing through his nose trying his hardest to focus on anything but the texture that filled his mouth.

He looked down to see that he wasn't even halfway through the toast, inwardly sighing at the realization that he wasn't going to be finishing it.

Aether was never one to be picky, especially when it came to food, but during his preheat he was difficult to please. Every little thing made his stomach lurch and nose crinkle, many of his go-to's stooping to subpar at best.

Often why he stuck with simple to digest dishes, more often leaning towards light soups that didn't leave him feeling stuffy and bloated. While they were usually bland it was usually the few things that didn't have his eyes watering from the sheer will it took to suppress gagging.

Paimon watches as the blonde turns the barely eaten lunch away, pushing it towards the pixie to finish, "I'm sorry, I just can't," the boy croaks out after reluctantly swallowing his second bite.

The white-haired fae frowns as she takes the toast, unwilling to let it go to waste she quickly finishes the delicious snack. He was perfectly content eating the very same fisherman's toast only a few hours ago, what had changed?

"Let's go and visit Madam Ping," the boy says as he stands, "I'm curious about her progress so far."

"Mm...Okay then but afterwards we're gonna stop and eat something, Paimon doesn't want you starving yourself."

The boy rolls his eyes with a fond smile as he fixes his hair and replaces his gloves, "of course, Paimon, don't want to be diving into my emergency food quite yet."

Paimon nods in agreement before whipping her head around to face the blonde, "Hey!"

The boy giggles as he runs ahead, the pixie shouting after him. The two continue their way through Windwail Highland, deciding to walk for most of the way despite the fact that the blonde was itching to get to Liyue as soon as possible.