A Fight Reimagined

A/N: Hey! I hope your enjoying this so far! Time for chapter 2!

As much as Eleven was afraid to see One again, she was not going to back out- her friends life depends on it. So Eleven leaned back into the salty water that filled the pizza dough freezer and connected her mind to Max's.

Once she was connected she found herself in one of Max's memories. Eleven quickly figured out how to get to where Max was; and was greeted with a scene of the Snowball from a couple years back.

She was quick to defend Max and sent Vecna flying.

"Max are you okay?" Eleven asked.

"Huh?" Max said breathlessly.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-y-up."

Max had reached up running her hands down Elevens face touching her head and then her cheeks and then her chin.

"Are you- are you real? Di-did I make you?" Max questioned.

Eleven grabbed her hands and held them tightly.

"I'm real." Eleven replied.

"How?" Max asked.

"I Piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer." Eleven simply said.

"What?"

In the small amount of time of their talking One managed to get back up. Max and herself continued to fight him inside of the memory.

Before she knew it she was in a mind replica of the Upside-Down, with one of the tentacles tightening around her neck as the others held her in place. One was making his way over to Max with his hand slowly reaching out towards her.

Besides Eleven's best efforts her friend was going to die and all of Hawkins along with her.

No- not her best effort. She was Eleven Jane Hopper and she was a superhero- Mike's superhero. She was not about to watch her friend die. Even if she wasn't powerful enough to stop One she was going to die trying because Mike loves her- her friends love her and she loves them.

With the new strength inside her she took a deep breathe before letting out a large scream. Pain flared all over her body but she ignored it screaming louder. In an instant the vines around her were severed in half.

The sudden release caused her to fall down on her legs with hardly any strength left to stand. She held her hands out towards Max and focused. The image of what was happening inside Max's mind blurred with an image of Max floating in what she guessed was the real world.

Just like in the lab when she first sent One to the Upside Down, One was starting to bend Max's limbs. Before he could break any of them, Eleven repeated what she did that day all those years ago and grabbed control of the twisting limbs.

She used all the strength she could, and continued fighting against One's powers in order to keep her friends limbs into a regular position. Eleven flinched when she heard Max screaming from the strain of it all but knew that pulling in the opposite direction of One was the only thing keeping her friend alive.

After a few more seconds of struggle between the two Telekinetic's; One let go of Max and turned to face her. Eleven followed in dropping her hold on Max and then proceeded to snap the vines holding her friend in place.

Max dropped to the ground before weakly meeting Elevens eyes. Eleven briefly used her powers to pull Max up and a few feet away and then nodded her head. Max seemed to get the memo and took off running but before she could get far vines twisted around her ankles.