A Powerful Confession

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this story!

Mike couldn't help but worry about his girlfriend Eleven. Will, Jonathan, Argyle, and himself had only just picked up El from getting her powers back when she had collapsed in the seat next to him from the exhaustion of the last few days.

She was currently curled up against him dead asleep.

He kept his gaze focused on her only removing it every few seconds to look out for any military cars that could possibly be following them. He also was aware of the other members in the car looking over at Eleven and him whenever they could spare a glance.

While she was busy sleeping he took the time to check if there was any visible injuries on her- frowning when he noticed the cuts and bruises that littered her arms and legs along with the faint circle marks left around her neck.

When he had first gotten out of the van his attention was completely focused on the fact that Eleven was alive and nothing else. It was only after she had walked over to the man who she had called Papa for so long that he let it sink in that her hair was shaved again and her neck was locked in a shock collar mere seconds before.

The thought that the shock collar might have been used against her gave him chills. What was even more frightening was that he didn't have a clue what else Dr. Brenner might have done to torture her while inside the bunker or how long they had been alone together. After all he hadn't yet seen Dr. Owens show himself and something told him the man wasn't going to appear anytime soon.

An endless circle of thoughts about what could have happened to the girl he loves while she was away plagued his brain The thought of her disappearing forever without him even being able to tell her that she was the girl he loved made the nausea grow inside him. The negative thoughts flooding his brain probably would've continued on for longer if it wasn't for the stirring at his side.

He felt Eleven burry her face deeper into his side before hearing a faint, "Mike."

He looked down and noticed that Eleven had tilted her head up to the point where she could meet his eyes.

"Hey, El. How are you feeling?" Mike said.

After a brief second a soft, "Fine." greeted his ears.

"Yeah. That's good. We're on the road to Hawkins right now but it's still about two days away." Mike said.

All he get in reply was a simple, "Soon."

Before he could reassure Eleven they were trying their best Will interrupted, "El, I don't think there is a way to get there sooner then that."

"Sooner." Was all El said in reply.

"El, I know you want to get there as soon as possible. We'll try our best okay?" Jonathan asked.

Mike watched as Eleven nodded her head in reply before she slunk back down against him.

"So care to catch us up on the details?" Jonathan said.

With a brief nudge for an explanation on what was happening in Hawkins from both Mike and Will, Eleven started recounting the details she had learned. Mike listened intently to how she got her powers back and about what or in this case who was threating Hawkins this time around.

When she had finished- or at least finished with all she was willing to tell at the moment, she reached for his hand in which he gladly surrendered. There was a stunned and almost chilling silence that filled the air before Argyle started mumbling about how "We are all going to die."