Forever, Always

"Happy Birthday, Genesis!"

A bright eyed woman beamed as she stared at the large cake before her, lit to the max with candles that sparked different colors. Sucking in as much air as she could, she blew out every last one- barely able to finish as she ended in a gargled cough.

"Are you okay, love?"

She looked up, smiling as Annihilation placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Genesis nodded, resting her cheek against his touch as she glanced at her guests.

Plague, Vail, Cerci - even Chun had come alone with a few healthy children of his own. It felt strange having everyone there, especially when they were all so apart months prior. Now, everything was different.

After Annihilation refused to end both their lives, Plague had wandered around for some time until he decided to go and ask both his creation and the woman for forgiveness. They accepted it after a short while, but with Vail it took longer. The young man had felt betrayed, and though he was doing better, he couldn't do what he used to do so easily. Plague was with him every step of the way, however. He ended up regaining some of Vail's trust back, but he always told Plague he was keeping an eye on him. The machine wouldn't have it any other way, and the two continued to live together- though this time they decided to move above ground.

As for Cerci, she was a different case. The woman had become a full machine, and although she was unable to fully turn back to the person she once was, she had her memories. They helped her with remembering Genesis, their friendship, her own life, and - of course- Annihilation. Though she accidentally called him Sex Machine every once in a while.

Genesis picked up a laser on the side, pointing it at the cake. It shot a bright, white beam and she carefully made sure each slice was equal. Once the dessert had been properly sized, she sat up and asked for everyone to dig in. The two machines didn't, as they had no appetite- but Cerci went for it. She knew she'd have a hard time cleaning her inner mechanisms, but Vail always helped with that. The two had gotten a lot closer since him and Plague volunteered to undo the damage she had been inflicted with.

As everyone chatted amongst themselves and fawned over Chun's babies- who ate their own slice of cake with large mouthfuls- Annihilation pulled Genesis to the side. She was a little surprised at first as he brought her inside their bedroom, but eventually settled in as he sat her on the bed.

The door slid shut behind them, and the lights around descended into a low, red glow. Annihilation stood before Genesis, patting the short sprouts of hair on her head as she shyly looked down.

"I think you are gorgeous, Genesis."

"I think I look like a little boy," She giggled, covering her cheeks that burned with embarrassment. Annihilation didn't appreciate how awful she treated herself and bent down. He lifted her chin with the tip of his claw, shaking his head as he gazed deep into her eyes.

"Never. You should love yourself as much as I love you." The robot rearranged himself, clasping her hands in his large ones.

"Genesis?"

"Annihilation?"

"We have been dating for a while. I have...come to love you much more than I ever thought I would. Our dates at the movies, our walks at the parks, as well as the urban exploration- I never imagined I would have so much fun with you." The machine paused for a moment, and he began to slowly reach under the bed.

"I strive every day to please you. I will never do anything you do not want me to do...which is why I am asking."

He pulled out a small, black box that floated on the palm of his hand. Genesis felt her heart start to pick up speed as she stared at it, and her vision grew blurry as Annihilation rested on one knee.

"As far as I recall, this is what humans do when they ask an important question from the one they love. I- Genesis. Will you marry-?"

"YES!" She suddenly flung herself at him, kissing every inch of his mask as they both fell to the floor. Annihilation nearly lost his grip on the ring box, but he managed to secure his hold on it. When they parted ways, he finally revealed his gift to her.

The stone on the silver ring was large, and glowed in different colors. The closer it got to Genesis's finger, the brighter it shined. She stared at it, turning her finger over and over. Annihilation couldn't smile, but he would if it were possible.

"Do you like it?"

"A- I- God I can't even speak!?"

Annihilation picked up his bride to be, allowing her to straddle him. She slid her arms around his neck, planting a big kiss on his forehead.

The robot wished to spend eternity with the human, though he knew it wasn't likely. They both were aware of the fact that she would age and die, and he would forever be immortal. It wasn't such a horrible or sad thing to Genesis, who only wished to look at the positive side of life now. For Annihilation, however, it was...unfortunate. When the day came that she was no longer with him, Plague and him would continue their quest in wiping out the human race. It was the only way he could keep his urges in check- but he would suffer dearly when that day came.

"What's on your mind?" Genesis whispered, realizing he had gone awfully quiet all of a sudden. Annihilation shook his head a little, holding her tightly. He wanted to memorize every part of her- ever curve and dip of her body. Despite not possessing a nose he could still sense her smell- a sweet, almost floral scent that gently circled them.

"Every day I wish for you to know how much I love you. I hope you never get tired of hearing me say it. I love you."

"And I love you." Genesis grinned, kissing him gently as they fell back on to their bed. Her little giggles ignited every circuit in Annihilation's body, and it wasn't long before she was naked against his armor...

Annihilation knew he would always remember Genesis. She was the only human he could never see himself forgetting, the only one who remained different from everyone else. And despite the slaughter he would cause in the future, she would remain his lover. Pure and untouched by the sins of her kind.

Forever and always...

End of Book One

Roll credits