Chapter 10

"Yeosang, when are they going to wake up," Wooyoung asked quietly. Yeosang looked over to the bed in the corner of the room where the two eldest lay, curled up in each others embraces.

"I don't know. They were both exhausted and they need as much rest as they can get," Yeosang replied with a sigh.

"What're we suppose to do now? Hongjoong's asleep and we're stranded in the middle of the sea. We can't go anywhere until the mast is fix and our kitchen is half destroyed," Mingi said with a groan.

"The kitchen is still usable. It didn't hit any of the parts I need to cook in," Wooyoung said.

"Half of the roof is collapsed," Mingi pointed out.

"I know. But right now it's not something we can afford to worry about. We're one mast down and we can't go anywhere until it's back up," Wooyoung said.

"Yunho's figuring out a plan with Jongho, we'll figure something out," Yeosang said.

"We're already a day behind schedule, I don't know how long we can wait before we get moving," Wooyoung whispered.

"If we take too long, we're going to run out of food before we get there," he added quietly. Yeosang glanced back at him and frowned slightly, thinking over his words. They have a tight window, but he doesn't want to wake up Hongjoong when he needs the rest.

"Let's go see what Yunho thinks, he's in charge while Hongjoong is out," he said. Wooyoung and Mingi nodded and the three of them left the room. They went over to the kitchens where they found the others surrounding the fallen mast and a heap of rope and wood.

"What's going on," Mingi asked, turning to Yunho who had his hand on his chin while he thought.

"Yunho's trying to figure out how to temporarily put the mast back in place and secure it so we can get moving," Jongho said.

"Have you thought of anything," Yeosang asked. Yunho sighed and rubbed his forehead before nodding slowly.

"I have an idea but I don't know how good it is," Yunho said with a groan.

"It's the only thing we've got right now, so explain it," Wooyoung said.

"It's not the main mast, thankfully, so it's easier to secure temporarily. We will need to wrap two ropes around the mast and then have two people, one on the main mast and one on the smaller mast near on the other side of the kitchen. They will lift the mast into a standing position and three people will move and hold it so it connects back where it snapped. I'll do my best to connect it back by boarding it up with these planks. They should be thick enough to hold it back in place until I can get a new mast at Port Arland," Yunho explained.

"Can that even work," Mingi asked.

"It's our only option Mingi, there's nothing else we can do," Jongho replied.

"But what if it falls again? What if it falls the opposite way, during the night? You know, towards the quarters were our Captain and friend are currently asleep and unaware," Wooyoung said with a worried frown.

"I know. It's dangerous, I know that but we have no other option," Yunho said with a sigh.

"We need to wake them up, Hongjoong needs to make the last decision on this," San said quickly.

"We're not waking him. He is exhausted, both physically and mentally right now. He had to keep himself and Seonghwa from drowning in the middle of a storm with harsh waves so he needs rest. We'll wait though, we're not going to do anything until he wakes up. For now just clean up a bit, find out what else is broken," Yunho said. Everyone nodded before moving off to do as asked. This is the right thing to do, this is the only way to make sure they don't die in the middle of the ocean.