05

—

DAY 6: I saved her.

N/A

THE STRAWHATS AND APIS all cast wide-ranging glances,  the expressions on their face asking the questions their mouths couldn't voice. Zoro raced to grab Y/N before she toppled over, but she gently pushed him away to convince him that she wasn't as helpless as he had assumed. Zoro watched the girl as she struggled to stay upright. He held up his hands in a feigned surrender while grinning to himself—Y/N sneered at that, her eyes locking onto the vibrating water rather than at the greenhouse. He would have enjoyed seeing her suffer more, but the ship suddenly stopped with another loud BANG!

    The Strawhats watched as cohesions of water protruded from the ocean, some dripping onto the deck and staining the wood a darker shade than before. Y/N's heart felt heavy, recognizing a large presence. Alarms constantly blared in her head, screaming at her to jump ship. She didn't move—not even an inch. She bit her bottom lip, anticipating what she most wanted to see.

    The sea kings.

    Nami and a few others shrieked in terror, clinging desperately to the flooring, railings, and each other. Luffy squinted as he used his hand to block out the sun's shining rays. He looked around as if confused about what he was supposed to be afraid of. However, he wasn't scared of much.

    Monsters devoid of human emotions sprang from the seafloor, scattering water throughout. Unfortunately, The Going Merry had been perched atop one of them, slithering on the Sea King's slimy scales as its crew flopped about in search of a firm enough pillar to hold on to. Their screaming hadn't stopped, and neither had Y/N's growing annoyance at how loud it was.

    If she were to let go of the railing, she would've been screaming along with them.

    "THEY'RE HUGEEEE!"

    Luffy giggled nervously as he gazed into one of the sea kings' droopy, hypnotic eyes. The faces of Sanji, Usopp, and Zoro were lifeless, and Apis retreated in terror, while Nami's arms were firmly coiled around a ship's mast as she was terrified that if she let go, she would fall into a sea king's jaws and be devoured alive.

    "The Calm Belt is the nest of the sea kings," Nami muttered, hoping someone would hear her as tears rolled down her face comically. "Moreover, the ones here are super huge!" She listed another reason why people avoid the Calm Belt and its horrors. Y/N's ears twitched with interest.

    Both Sanji and Zoro perspired tensely. "What are we going to do next?" The crew's attention was drawn to the cook's trembling voice. Nobody moved an inch besides Y/N. She slowly descended the stairs and to the deck where Luffy stood—she felt the safest with him, like he would protect her with his Gum-Gum attacks and relentless punches. He was also the one she could talk to the most. Her right hand was steady on her necklace as she used various objects to keep her balance, ready to rip the gold right off her neck.