𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆 (𝗋.𝗍.)

𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈! - young!rhaenyra x fem!lover

𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔! - mentions of homophobia? and awful writing -

༊*·˚'

𝑹𝑯𝑨𝑬𝑵𝒀𝑹𝑨 tossed and turned in her bed, unable to fall back into slumber as her heart was rapidly throbbing. Foolish was the reason of it's agitation, she had a dream. A dream about about a girl. A girl that at some point had stolen every single one of the future queen's thoughts, a dream about the girl.

The princess couldn't stop thinking about how her lover had looked at her with nothing but love in her eyes, how she had whispered sweet nothings to Rhaenyra when she most needed her, how she had caressed her so gently as if she was made of the most precious material in all Westeros. But it was all just a sweet dream and here layed the princess in the cold sheets, more awake than ever.

She let out a deep sigh, letting her face fall into the pillows and groaning against them as a sign of annoyance. She had seen her lover just earlier in the afternoon, they had met up in the weirdwood tree to share an appetizing piece of lemon cake and simply enjoy eachother's company. The lovers even had the chance to share a few caresses and even kisses when other people's eyes weren't lingering on them. But even with that, Rhaenyra missed her dearly, specially after having such a dream.

With a final sigh, the Targaryen decided to fall into temptation. She felt her skin prickle with cold as she got out of the covers, rushing to put on some shoes as her feet made contrast with the cold floor. But it was all worth because soon she would be back in her lover's arms.

She took long strides towards the girl's room, the night breeze was freezing and she didn't wish for nothing more than her lover's comfort. Arriving at the chamber's doors she was greeted by two guards who let her in without questioning the reason for such a late visit, they wouldn't dare.

Rhaenyra's lips immediately turned up and her heart skipped a beat as soon as she saw the girl. She was sitting by the fire with a book in hand, the princess couldn't help but think she looked looked more gorgeous than ever, her eyes reflected the flames and her skin was glowing, to Rhaenyra she looked just like a goddess. 

As soon as her eyes landed on the princess, she was on her feet in matter of seconds, finding herself right in front of her not long after.

"My lady." The Targaryen greeted politely, impatiently waiting for the guards to close the doors.

When the click was heard, the princess rushed into the girl's embrace, letting out a breath she had no idea she was holding. She buried her head in her lover's chest, finding comfort in her heartbeat as if it was the most beautiful melody. To the princess it definitely was. Rhaenyra felt her delicate hands circling her waist and pull her closer, the gentle touch making the princess' heart melt into a puddle. 

The cold of the night was now long forgotten, not just for the fact that the fire was on but because being in her lover's arms made the white haired girl forget about anything that could possible bother her. The girl had her wrapped around her finger and the princess was well aware of that. It was overwhelming to say the least, she was absolutely attached to her, there was not a day that passed in which she didn't think about their future together and there was not one single hour of the day in which she wasn't thinking about her. Rhaenyra was utterly in love.

"Are you alright, my love?" The girl's voice interrupted her thoughts, her voice sounded worried, after all the princess had just burst into her room and ran into her arms. 

"Mhm, just missed you." Rhaenyra's voice was muffled by the girl's skin but she could understand it just fine. It was rare to see the future heir like this, so vulnerable and relaxed. Around court she would act as if she had no weakness, as if nothing could ever affect her. But in truth the thing she most seeked for was approval and affection, she was absolutely starved for some type of comfort.

"Yeah?" The girl chuckled sending vibrations through her chest and the princess buried her nose in the girl's neck, not really minding to answer. It was ironic really, because she missed her lover just as much.

"Would you like to spend the night here?" She questioned gently, already predicting what the answer would be. She giggled as the girl pulled her by the hand, running to get under the warm covers.

Rhaenyra made sure to tug the girl closer as soon as they got into bed, tucking her head in her chest comfortably and wrapping her arms tightly around her waist. She felt like she could finally let her guard down, she felt safer in her arms than in the protection of any knight in all of Westeros. 

"I think what aggravated my longing for you was the dream I had." The princess broke the comfortable silence, now longing to hear the voice of her lover.

"Hm, what was it about?" The girl asked, her voice coming out a little slurred as she started to feel tired. Her hands combed through her white hair, getting curious to hear about her lover's dream.

"I was Queen, everyone showed their respect and loyalty to me." She let out a shaky breath, cautiously continuing. The last thing she wanted was to ruin their delightful moment. "You were by my side, ruling with me. I was able to love you without people without people making crude accusations or giving us judging stares." That was far from being possible and they knew it all to well.

"That sounds like a lovely dream." She tried to brake the heavy silence that had fell into them. Her heart tightened at the fact that it would always be a dream and nothing more than that. They lived in a cruel world to say the least, happiness was most of the times not a chance.

"Do you think it will ever be more than a dream?" Rhaenyra whispered, sadness lacing her voice. Her fingers fiddled with her lover's gown, slightly ashamed that she had indeed ruined the moment.

"Which part?" She tried to play dumb. She knew the answer more than well but she would never say it out loud, it pained her too much.

"Both." She quickly replied, in no way she wanted to make her feel pressured but she needed  to know. 

"We can never be sure until the time comes." She affirmed with certainty, somehow trying to escape the question as if she feared it. Her heart tightened as she noticed the slight frown the princess had. 

"Let us not speak about the future, yeah? We need to sleep or tomorrow we'll only be half alive." The girl tried to lighten the mood, succeeding when the princess nodded with a sigh.

Rhaenyra pulled her lover closer, if that was even possible, immediately feeling sleep approach. Her ear was pressed onto the girl's chest, the soft heartbeat was calming and the princess wished she could pause that delightful moment and enjoy it for the rest of her life. "I love you, Nyra." Was the last thing she heard before sleep overtook her.

The future was all but imminent, nonetheless what mattered was that they had eachother. They were two relentless women in a cruel world, there was little that could stop them.

༊*·˚'

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬!

I kind of hate how this turned out lmao- like seriously but anyways 😻

Don't get used to fluff because I love tragedy and angst <3