•54•

"I done fell in love with a cold bitch
Rather die inside the streets instead of COVID
I freak you like you is, I'm tryna wipe your tears
I'm tryna have your kids, I'm tryna have your kids"

~ Durkio

~ Liyah POV ~

~ Liyah POV ~

"Im sorry bae" I said as I laid on Von as we were in the bed sitting in silence

"I'm good" he kept his eyes straight ahead

"No you not and that's okay"

"What we gone tell Siah? He love ha. Kinzy ass aint gone know fr but Siah is"

"We gotta have a conversation with him.. but how is YOU feeling"

"Idk im overwhelmed.. It's a lot going on between you and yo situation to me tryna stay happy even tho I got some of the worst shit I ever heard in my life"

"Why you tryna stay happy?"

"Cause look what you just did fa me. I don't wanna seem unappreciative"

"Why would I call you unappreciative and you just got a call that granny just died? I'm not expecting you to be strong Von I understand"

"I'm sad too I promise because if nobody understood me or how I was feeling she did. But this not about me it's about you"

"I'm good how you feel about yo hysterectomy?"

"Von this not about me it's about you"

"I just need time ma. I'm hurt and I don't know how to deal with it"

"I'm sorry. That's all I wanted, stop saying you okay. You not and that's fine. If you wanna talk I'm listening. Idc if it take all day"

"Imma be good I just can't believe the day came. We gotta tell our kids they ain't gone see granny nomo.  My mama lost ha mama bae that's why I'm so hurt"

"I'm not saying I was over it but I was just prepared.. I watched ha get worse I knew it was coming but my folks not like me"

"That's why you gotta take it day by day.. healing and grieving is not a 1 day thing. You need to let them know you here for them"

"Thank you mama"

"You welcome baby. Now you know this way she done being in and out the hospital, she happy, she done hurting"

"You right. She at peace na. She know we good Siah here and that I got yaal"

"Exactly. God wouldn't take ha if he thought we couldn't handle it. We knocked down but we not gone stay like this for long"

"I love you so much" he pulled me closer

"I love you too. And about my hysterectomy.. I'm good. I can't have nomo kids but it's more to me than making kids"