[Part 6] ||"Broken wall"

ابدأ من البداية

 The interior of the house is modern, the floor is covered by a white carpet (and a lot of fucking concrete, oh gosh.) and the walls by some kind of contemporary pop art, being the only thing colorful in the dull room. How boring. I try to think of a way of fixing it, but my head is empty... But what if...

Donnie! Of course! 

He has fixed way more walls and floors at the lair than any of us can keep track! He's the dude for this kind of job!... If he uses his tech, that is. Poor thing would have died from boredom otherwise. I grab my phone again, I send Donnie a simple yet confusing "Mikey fucked up, we're at XXX, pls help. thx.", I also send him a little happy tiny dude, for good measure. I don't want him to think I'm using him as my personal handyman (I am basically doing it right now, tho.)

-"Who are you talkin' to?" - Mikey asks, sitting on the metal stairs - "Your brother" - I answer, sitting right next to him - "Which one?" - I smile - "The only one that is sleepy enough at 8AM to ignore me."

He snorts as he spins his nunchaku around his index finger, silently starting to hum a generic pop song under his breath right after. - "How did you break the wall to this degree in the first place?" - I catch his attention, making him hold the weapon still in his hand. I continue - "I mean, you're lucky the owner didn't arrive from work yet, right?... You would've been screwed."

He locks his gaze on the metallic ground, slowly going back into spinning the nunchaku as he answers - "I'm tired of being the youngest... I know I can't change that, but if I train enough, maybe my brothers will start to see me differently, ya know? In a good way!" He clutches his fists and humps them into the air with a grin at the last sentence, he looks so confident.

-"So... You smashed a stranger's living room wall?" - "No! I wouldn't do that on purpose! I was just trying to-"

I pat his head - "I know, I know, I'm just messing with you." - he smiles again - "Hah... Yeah... Sure."- we stay like that for a moment, but then I break the silence - "Ya know, I would compliment your hair right now if you had any."

"You think you're full of it, huh?"

-"Of hair? Yeah, pretty much-wait a second, D?!"- Both of us stare at the voice's origin. My ears were not mistaken. How have I not heard his steps, tho?... Oh, yeah. The jetpack... Was he seriously too lazy to go up the stairs on foot? -"Fear not for Donatello has arrived, you're all very much welcome-Oh my, that's... A lot of damage." 

Mikey frowns - "Is that a good thing?" - Donnie bites his lower lip - "Well... you've managed to cause it so..." - Donnie slaps his hands together and slowly turns them down as he speaks - "... Yes?... No?... Yes?..."

...

-"... Yeah, I'm going to be completely transparent with you, you have an awful aim, brother." - Mikey's face frowns even more, if that's even possible. - "But don't worry, It'll be a quick fix with my tech."

Donatello gets to work in a heartbeat, machine after machine, claw after claw, I'm pretty sure I saw fire? As time passes by, I feel a weird feeling of connection. Mikey had two brothers to choose from, but still choose to call me? I don't even know how to play with Legos, so how could I pile bricks? Did he know I would have called Donnie anyway and just called me to spend some time with me? Socializing is confusing, man.

-"Mikey, you're the artist, which of these colors looks closer to the actual paint?" - Donnie shows us 6 different cards with seemingly indistinguishable shades of whitish brown, after squinting his eyes for some seconds, said artist responds - "4th, I sure of it." - wait, the wall is already built? How many minutes have passed? 

(BROM BROM BROM SHAMK)

We all flinch as we hear heavy steps going up to our floor, the metallic floor shaking at every step taken. I turn back as they stop abruptly, only to see a specific snapping turtle staring back at me.

Oh, no.

He crosses his arms and shakes his head, staring me dead in the eyes. That stare. That goddamn disappointed stare. - "You've lied, Y/N!" - He's not even MY older brother! How is this affecting ME?

-"Wait, why is Donnie here? And why is he painting a wall?" - Donnie drops his paint roll and bucket and responds in an awkward manner - "Oh- uh- uhm- Well- You see-" - he spins his hands trying to make something up, in a rush. Raph gives up on knowing the answer after some stutters and groans come from Donnie.

-"You know what, I don't care! I was trying to tell you guys about the dinner that we're having next week! It's this really fancy place for mutants-only!"

I'm almost blinded by the shine in Donatello's eyes, is he starving or something? Mikey speaks, - "Oh! Oh! I've heard of that place before! Non-mammals get a huge discount!"

"Dad is certainly not coming along, I don't feel like selling my liver" - Donnie said, mostly talking to himself.

||---------------------------------------------------------||

Give me them stars, please! :]

<3

...