22. Memories of That Day

Start from the beginning

"What happened is that back then I defeated her and ate her human body." Eren said.

Armin, Hange and Jean gasped.

Erwin's eyes widened a bit while Levi kept looking at Eren intently.

"You did what?" Hange asked, surprised.

"So, she is dead, huh?" Levi said.

"Eren, why did you keep it a secret?" Erwin asked in a firm tone.

"So that we could catch the Collosal titan and the Armoured titan later." Eren said.

All of them gasped.

"So they are humans too and you know who they are, right?" Levi said.

"Yeah. They are Reiner Braun and Bertolt Hoover from the Survey Corps." Eren said.

Armin and Jean's eyes widened.

"Are you sure it's them?" Jean asked.

"I got that, kid." Levi interrupted their conversation. "Do you have any evidence?"

"I saw Annie's memories of them talking about breaking Throst gate." Eren said.

"Memories?" Hange asked, curious.

"Yeah memories." Eren said. "It allows us titan shifters to see the memories of our predecessor."

"How does that even work?" Hange asked. "Is it only happen when you eat a Titan shifter?"

"The only explanation is that all of us are connected by something we can't see." Eren said. "Some with Titan powers spoke about seeing some kind of paths. The blood and bones that form a Titan, and at times, even memories and thoughts are sent through those paths. All the paths cross at a single coordinate. That coordinate is... the Founding Titan."

"Founding Titan?" Erwin repeated.

"Every single Subject of Ymir is connected to that coordinate." Eren said.

"Subjects of Ymir?" Jean asked, confused.

"Isn't this what you blurted out randomly back then?" Hange asked.

"How do you know all of these?" Levi asked. "Through Annie's memories?"

Eren let out a sigh. "Half a month ago, something triggered within me and I saw all the memories of my Dad."

"Does that mean... Dr. Yeager was a Titan shifter too?" Armin asked with wide eyes.

"And... you ate him?" Hange asked with a surprised expression "But how did you... eat him?"

"I'll talk about this later." Eren said. "But most importantly, in his memories, I saw what he has kept in the basement all these time."

All of them except Mikasa gasped.

Erwin gapsed. "You did?"

"Why did you keep it a secret for half a month then?" Levi asked, furious.

"Because I was waiting for the 57th expedition to end." Eren replied.

"What did you see in his memories?" Erwin asked, eager.

"Let me start." Eren said. "Just don't interrupt me."

All of them nodded.
.
.
.

"I come from a place outside the Walls where humanity lives in elegance. Humanity has not perished. I pray the person who finds this book is a fellow patriot." Eren narrated, seeing the book from his memories.
.

"Hurry, Faye!" A child Grisha said. "We'll lose it unless we're fast!"

"Wait up, brother!" His sister, Faye said, running up to him.