20. Forest of Giant Trees

Start from the beginning

A different Scout came at her from above.

The Female Titan grabbed one of the wires and jumped.

"It jumped?" A soilder said with wide eyes.

The female titan looked down at the soldier in midair.

She came down on him and squashed him beneath her foot.

One soldier landed on the ground and skid back and she kicked him against the building.

"Wha-"

The last of the trio stared fearfully at her, as she held him by a wire.

"L-let me go!"

Darius looked ill, seeing her approach, spinning the soilder.

The Scout yanked the reins, turning around to race away.

She followed him, releasing her grip on the wire and sending the soldier's body flying.

Darius raced across a small wooden bridge and continued on. 'I need to report this immediately. Who would've foreseen a Titan like that? I need to tell everyone!' He looked over his shoulder and cried out in fear.

The female titan stomp her leg down, launching both the soldier and the horse into air.

Two Scouts noticed her.

"An abnormal?"

"It got in all the way here? We'll take it out!"

"We can't let it get further in!"

The two raced toward the female giant who was just standing there.
.

"The right flank's been wiped out? But we aren't withdrawing? Why?!" A soilder from row 3/1 asked to his comrade.

"No idea. The commander's orders. Just relay the message to the left!"
.

The Female Titan glanced up, over half a dozen bloody patches on the grass around her.

She then took off.
.

Two Scouts on the left flank spoke.

"What's going on? We keep heading east."

"Our goal is supposed to be south, to the old city."
.

"Right now, our formation's on a collision course." A soilder from 1/5 Vanguard, on the upper left side of the formation said.

"Yeah. You can see it now. The Forest of Giant Trees."
.

"Seems like Titans passed through here. There's nothing growing on the road," Erwin said, noticing his surroundings. "We can bring the carts through, too."

They passed by a few broken, single-story buildings, sitting before massive trees.

"Send word to the rear that only the central cart guard should enter the forest." Erwin commanded.

"Yes, sir!" Two Scouts replied and split off, leaving the three to go deeper into the forest.

Sasha watched them disappear and turned to her squad leader. "Excuse me, sir. The center row appears to be entering the forest. Wouldn't the rest of us collide with the forest?"

"We're going around." The squad leader replied.

"Yes, sir!" Sasha said.
.

"We're totally off from both our original destination and our return point." Jean said, riding beside Armin. "What are we doing exactly?"

"I don't know, but the order came from Commander Erwin, after all. he must have a plan." Armin replied.

"Hm... But, no matter what his plan is, we can't stay here." Jean said. "I think we're passing through on our way to somewhere else."