𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

In an instant the Executives who were waiting inside were silenced by his appearing. They bowed down to him but the only one Mikey spared a look was Sanzu. A murderous one, to be exact.

I won't let him forget how huge his mistake was. Even if he put the drugs in Ran's drink, it was dangerous enough for (Y/N) to become high from it. Sanzu definitely needs a lecture.

Mikey averted his gaze from Bonten's number 2 and looked down on the floor. There were two men kneeling on the ground, hands tied behind their backs, and mouths taped. He simply strolled past them and sat down on a bale of straw which was placed in the left corner of the barn.

»Good morning, boss.«, Kokonoi greeted him and handed him a Taijaki. »Where is Kakucho? All Executives appear to be here except him.«

»Thank you, Koko.«, Mikey took the food out of the Treasurers hand and started eating without any hesitation. »I don't want him near (Y/N) for some time.«, he explained with his mouth full.

»I see. That might be the best idea for now.«

Mikey took a look around them and realised that the others were out of earshot, which made him lean slightly towards the white-haired man and ask: »Did you realise that (Y/N) was accidentally drugged by Sanzu last night?«

Kokonoi looked at him stupefied. »What?«

 »What?«

Kokonoi

Sanzu drugged (Y/N)? We left immediately after I found her in one of the bedrooms of the HQ deep asleep. Sanzu came out of it, yes, and (Y/N) seemed to have consumed much alcohol...but drugs? This jerk!

»I will give him a lecture later«, Mikey explained indifferently. But Kokonoi learned over time that his boss' dispassion really was something to fear rather than something to take lightly.

»...«

»I want you to take extra good care of (Y/N). I can't afford her becoming a drug addict.«

»I will make sure of her well-being, boss.«

»...«

Kokonoi wanted to say something more but he wasn't sure how much his boss knew or not. Therefore he decided that he would dedicate himself to finding an answer to the riddle stuck in his mind personally. At least, you still had to grant him a favour, right?

He would ask you about it later.

For now he watched you interested through his feline eyes. You stared at the men who were kneeling in the middle of the barn in fear. He already assumed you might be shocked to see their familiar faces, they were your co-workers not that long ago back in the COD.

»What am I about to do?«, you asked, your gaze lingering on the men.

»Listen to what Mikey has to say«, Sanzu said, his grin not as bright as usual. Probably he was afraid of what might happen to him later, since he must have been aware of his mistake.

Mikey stopped chewing his Taijaki for a moment and without granting the scenery much attention he demanded: »Kill them!«

You immediately looked up, your eyes directly met Koko's and he averted his gaze ashamed. Somehow he felt sorry for you to proof your loyalty through killing people you were once close with. He imagined if he could do it...kill an old friend...

Inupi. I tried to once but I was unable to. That's why he's on my „blacklist". I can't blame (Y/N) at all...isn't Mikey going a little too harsh on her? Killing someone as a proof for loyalty, fine. But killing people that once were dear to her...

Pang. Pang.

Two short gunshots pulled him out of his thoughts and he looked back to the scenery in front of him. You were holding a gun in your hand, your breath was strongly visible through the intense rising and lowering of your chest. The two men were laying on the ground lifelessly. A puddle of blood was spreading on the dirty ground of the barn.

Where did she get that gun from so fast? Sanzu must have given it to her...

Your gaze was full of hate. He couldn't make out if your wrath was directed at the dead men or Bonten but anyhow it was kind of scary, he had to admit. You raised your eyes and looked at all of them for mere seconds.

»And? Did I do well enough to be trusted? I hope you're happy now.«, you threw away the gun and left the barn.

»Okay, I guess she's pissed. At us, most probably.«, Rindou commented.

»Damn that girl doesn't know any manners«, Sanzu reacted rather late and with a quick glance at Mikey, Kokonoi realised that something in the eyes of his boss was different than before. He couldn't make out what it was though.

I should head out and follow her. Mikey asked me to take care of her at least.

»May I-«, Kokonoi started.

»You're all dismissed.«, Mikey said without any trace of emotion in his voice. »Except Sanzu.«

The pink-haired man stiffened and Kokonoi nodded at his boss, leaving the barn to search for the newest member and his current housemate.

(Y/N). You're surprising me again and again. You're tough, yet you seem so vulnerable. I hope you won't hate me after today...this might be egoistic, but I need to know. I need to ask you this favour...

★ ★ ★

Ahhhh what might be the favour that Koko will ask from (Y/N)?

What will Mikey decide to do having the information about her amnesia?

You'll get to know soon and the next chapter will be longer as well!!

See you there on Friday,
Karma <3

★ ★ ★