ten.

"matt!"

matt was shook awake. he was in a hospital room, but he wasn't in bed. he was sitting in a chair next to a bed. looking around the room, he blinked,  only to be met by evelyn staring right at him from the bed.

"evie?" he asked, shocked. "but... you died. you're... am i dead?" he started to panic, getting up from his seat and pacing around the room.

"what? matt you're not dead. and neither am i. that must've been some dream you were having."

"a dream? what?" he was at a loss for words. "what day is it?" 

"august 11th now. it's around 3 am." evelyn states. "i woke up at like 9 pm and you were out cold. nick told me you hadn't slept in three days, so i didn't wake you up. but right now you were like hyperventilating and i got worried."

"august 11th. what the fuck?" matt rubbed his eyes. "that means i just... i dreamt the last two weeks? wait... you remember me?"

"what are you talking about, of course i remember you. why wouldn't i?" evie asked. she had started looking concerned. matt shook his head.

"nothing, never mind. that really was a bizarre dream. i don't think i ever want to sleep again." evelyn laughed.

"jesus christ, matt. memory loss? i died? and it was two weeks? it must've been so weird."

"now that i think about it, it jumped from your birthday to two weeks later and i don't ever remember falling asleep." he said before gasping in realization. "holy shit, it's august 11th. it's your birthday."

"i'd probably forget too if i just dreamed two weeks in seven hours." evelyn shrugged. "it's no big deal, matt." matt shook his head.

"no, it is a big deal. see, i had this whole plan for our one year that i couldn't do in my dream because, you know, you lost your memory. now that you're awake, i can do it. when do you get out of here?"

"the doctor said i'll be out in the afternoon. around two-ish."

"okay, perfect. i can leave in the morning and set everything up for when you get out."

"what is it?" evelyn asks. 

"i'm not saying. but it will top the valentine's day locket." he says. he could see evie's eyes light up as she nods.

"ooh, okay i'm excited now. i cannot wait to get out of here. also, you should probably tell chris and nick you're okay because they were so worried. nick told me how you..." she trailed off as she met matt's eyes.

"yeah, i'll go now." matt said, getting up and walking towards the door. 

"it's not your fault, matt." evelyn called from the door. matt looked back at her and smiled and nodded.

"i know, evie. i know."

THE END.

maha speaks :)

shoutout to mady and emaan for giving me the dream idea and to callie for giving me evie's death idea. 

i hope you guys enjoyed this! i admit, i did get a little lazy at the end because i wanted to finish this up and get one out of my five ongoing books out of the way. but i still had a lot of fun writing this!! i love u all so so much and thank you guys for 4k!! its so crazy