𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"What?" Nina headed over with a gapping look. "No. It has to be something else."

She took a better look and a small sniff. "How did I miss that? Let me make you another one."

"It's okay, I was craving toast anyways." she shook her head, throwing the pancake back at Bode.

"What police report?" he asked with a mouthful, looking at Kinsey.

"The one I told him I filed." she said back oddly. "About the intruders."

He nodded. "Oh, right."

"I know it's frustrating but you guys figured out how to talk to me back when I couldn't understand magic." Nina pointed out with a small shrug as she laid more bacon on the table. "I'm sure you'll find a way with Tyler too."

"Maybe we should shave our heads and talk like hicks?" Harvey suggested with a snort as she popped the bread into the toaster. "That's his new lingo."

"I guess things have really changed around here." Bode looked around the kitchen.

"Well, yeah!" Nina laughed as she rubbed his head. "Thanks for you."

Harvest squinted as she looked out the kitchen window, seeing Logan's truck pulling up into the drive way as a smile spread across her face. She shook her head. He couldn't stay away.

"Kinsey, you gonna be home tonight?" Nina asked her daughter with a questionable look.

"Should be, yeah." she nodded.

"Great. Well, I have dinner plans, but I shouldn't be too long." she explained as Harvest put her plate up, deciding to take her toast on the go. She jumped when Bode knocked Nina's cup out of her hand, causing it to shatter on the ground.

"Bode! What the hell?" Kinsey scolded him as the toaster popped.

"What did you just do that?" the oldest Locke asked her son in disbelief.

"There was a bug!" he explained. "I was just trying to protect you."

"From a bug?" Harvest had to laugh at her brothers dramatics. "Ah! So scary! Mom, take cover."

"Shut up!" Bode turned around to yell at her.

"Hey." Nina gapped at his tone.

"It's called a joke, to avoid your shitty little ass from getting in trouble." she glared at her younger brother.

"Harvey!" Nina scolded her for her language and what she said. Her redhead daughter took the toast and headed for the door.

"Question." Logan hummed as he leaned on one leg that was propped up, the other hanging off the dock as the pair sat outside of one of the restaurants near the water.

"Answer." Harvest hummed.

"Do you think that sharks would try to eat us if we went scuba diving with your key?" he rose an eyebrow. "Sand dollar wall is getting pretty lonely. I think we need to do one in your room too."

"Another sand dollar wall? That took all summer." she laughed in disbelief. "But, I don't think so. Sharks never bothered me."

"What about dolphins?" he rose an eyebrow, getting a look of disbelief. "What? Dolphins are terrifying! I don't think I could battle them."

"I'd pay big bucks to see you battle a dolphin." she confirmed, pushing her hair back and pulling the key from her neck. "Maybe i'll get lucky."

"Maybe i'll try to drown your ass." he said back in disbelief with her words. "Using my biggest fear for your greater benefit. I'm shocked. I'm in shock at how horrible you are."